Friday, July 9, 2010

Latest creations...

I have admitted before...and will admit it again ~ I do *not* do well in the heat. I get as much of my housework as I can, done in the morning...all before 9 am...while it's still a *little* bit cooler out. When the heat is seemingly unbearable, the children and I retreat to my bedroom which is the only place in our home with AC. I have a large bedroom and there is lots of room for the children to play and read. :) I have been working on my knitting...I have made some baby items for my sister and for a friend who is pregnant.
I have also started making these....

It is smaller than a dishcloth. It's a star baby wash cloth! Isn't it cute!? :) If you would like to make some of these, you can find the pattern HERE. I plan on making many of these to give away to those with young ones!

And although the weather is quite warm...I am knitting a hat for Chris...

It's a london style beanie! So far, so good. It's only my second project knitting in the round...so we'll see how it goes! :) If you want to get a closer look at the picture of the hat or if you would like the pattern yourself...you can go HERE.

My children play some out in the heat, until they get too hot. Then, some evenings, some friends and family all meet at our neighbor's pool to go swimming. Since even the nights have been really warm here, the kids have been *camping out* in our bedroom, in the AC. :)

It is suppose to storm later this afternoon...we are praying it *does*...we really need the rain. The gardens are super thirsty! We are also hoping for a little bit cooler temperatures! :)

I started taking sign languages classes, with a friend, on Wednesdays in July! :) It's so interesting to learn! Chris and I (for no particular reason) have always had an interest in signing and have learned the basics from a book...but when my friend invited me to take the class with her, Chris and I both thought it would be a great experience! :)

OH....I added a new PAGE to my blog (right sidebar). It will contain links to articles of love and encouragement that I find along my journies on the 'net, that I think would benefit and bless others!

I gotta run! Places to go, laundry to do, and knitting to knit! Have a lovely weekend ahead! :)
Joyfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

13 comments:

  1. I too shall pray for your rain : ) Love the star cloth they are so cute and I think would make wonderful gifts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star washcloth is precious!

    Its warm/hot here too. Our AC broke yesterday, was up to 90 degrees in the house. Hubby and a repair man are trying to figure out whats wrong with it right now. Sure hope they can fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love that baby washcloth pattern! I will have to try it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finally had rain yesterday evening and then some more early this morning. We really needed it. It also cooled things down. I hope it heads east to cool things off for you.

    Love the star wash cloth. I can also see those used as cute dollies. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep posting on how the signing class goes. I have taught sign to my children. (what little I know)I have always had an intrest for sign language too. I just bought a book Faith Speaks, expressing God's word in sign language to use this year for our memory verses. It is gradek-4 (christianbooks.com) I pray this year our homeschool will be blessed from this new addition of impressing God's word in our hearts. The baby star rags are so CUTE! They look so unique. Your knitting has inspired me, I am a beginner. I am making a prayer shawl for my daughter, on a knitting board. Thank you for sharing you beautiful life. It is a joy to take a peek at. Hope you are gathering more treasures from the Woman after God's own heart. You are one and I glad to know you. May we pursue His ways in our simple days. smiles, Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy!
    I'm hoping we get some rain too, I was out 'tilling for 2 hours, so that hopefully, everything gets a nice long drink!
    I LOVE the star wash cloth! It is so sweet and just perfect for a baby. I have GOT to learn to crochet and knit.
    I also wanted to let you know I posted a bunch of canning recipes, I hope you are able to use some of them!
    Just click on my name/picture, and it should take you over to my recipe blog.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings~
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the star wash cloth, gorgeous
    here's to keeping cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very cute baby wash cloth. Very clever! This is my first visit to your site...I hope it cools off for you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,
    I love the new star cloth! It's beautiful. I don't know how to knit, but I've always wanted to learn! You will love sign language, it's a beautiful language, I learned it years ago and I have often thought of becoming an interpreter. We finally received some rain today too, thank God we needed it desperately! Hope you have a great weekend, and keep up the posts of your beautiful knittings!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. you retreating to your AC bedroom for some knitting and the children playing there sounds so cozy (and cooler:)..We do sort of the same...I hurried this moringing to get some things out of the way (housework) then outside we went for a long time until everyone looked like they had enough. Then they watchend cartoons in the cooler basement with fans going while I made lunch etc. then they watched more cartoons and are outside again. I'll be joining them soon. Late in the evening I'll do a bunch more housework. I took a nap in the basement with the fans going...that's where the baby is still asleep:)
    The slow days of summer are great!

    Now please tell me...how does one learn to knit...like from step one!I'm a visual learner...any good resources you recommend?

    now of to check our new page!....

    http://cookingwithlittles.blogspot.com
    http://lifeandtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with you I DO NOT do well in the heat. I have been sick from the heat. I have no AC just fans. The boys have done some digging for the pond but way to hot. I left them fill the pond liner with some water and sit in it to cool off. My garden & yard are not doing well. Well my prayers for rain have been answered tonight. Thank God! I have asked the Lord to bless you with rain to. Your knitting is beautiful. I think the sign lanauage class will be fun. I studied some in a book. Please share more on this subject when you get into the classes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow--That star washcloth is just beautiful! I love crocheting dishcloths and have never seen one so pretty as that! Thanks for sharing. :o)


    I'm so sorry to hear you don't have AC. We've spent years having poor ac but right now--it's wonderful. I wish I could share mine with you.

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home
    www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the star and colors that you used!

    www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy