Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Celebration of *30 Years*

My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary this week. We threw them a surprise party at my inlaw's pavillion! It was one of my aunts idea and her and my sister were the main conspiritors...I helped by doing whatever they needed me to do. :)

We *told* my parents that the picnic we were having on Sunday evening was for Madelyn's birthday...since we hadn't had a party with Chris's family and mine all together. That seemed totally normal to them and they had no idea of anything different!

Although the above picture doesn't do it justice, it was set up really nice....simple and sweet. :) We had between 50 and 60 people in attendance!

The party was to start at 4.....but they didn't show up at that time....so as we waited ~ people chatted while the children rode bikes, did some swinging on the swingset and took opportunities to make faces at the camera ;) ....

Even though we were just *pretending* that it was Madelyn's party...she still received a few gifts and cards from some family! ;)

Finally....around 5 (only an hour late!)...my parents arrived! :) They were very surprised! I really love them...God blessed me with wonderful parents!

My sister ordered a cake with their wedding photo on it. That photo is my favorite picture of them...isn't it sweet?

If you want to read more about their party, from my sister's perspective, you can go HERE. The first half of the post was about Madelyn's party at Fun Central. The second half is about the surprise anniversary party. :)

Annndd...I am sure you will relate with me when I explain my nervousness yet excitement when my dad (aka: pop-pop) brought this for the children to ride...

Yep...a motorized mini-bike. X went a bit faster than I really liked...but that was to be expected from him...he loves anything that *goes*! He absolutely loved it and it has been the main topic he has been talking about for the past few days! Madelyn took a turn, as well, and did really well. There were a few times we thought they were going to drive right into some vehicles...but fortunately, didn't. Whew! ;)

Jaxson really wanted a turn...but was just a wee bit small for the bike. So with the help of daddy...he got to take a spin! :)

My sister has a video of the mini-bike riding HERE. :) The video is just hilarious and completely worth watching! :) It will definitely make you giggle! I am smiling as I type this!

Today is grocery day! My menu and lists are made and ready to go. :) Beds are made, the house is tidy and everyone is dressed and ready to go. Tonight I have my sign language class! :)
I hope you enjoy your Wednesday! Thank you for visiting!

Cheerfully,
Katy :)


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to your parents! Mine celebrated their 61st last month. Your parents look so young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! The mini bike looks like alot of fun! I bet the kids had a blast.

    Congratulations to your parents! Celebrations are so nice to get together with family. Bet you had a nice time.

    Have a great day!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful anniversary suprize! Your sweet daughter has the prettiest smile. Have fun at the ASL class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your parents and oh my goodness, that is scary (with the mini bike)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your folks...we will be celebrating our 37th this December....wishing them many more happy years....love the motor bike too...this is just the beginning with boys..our boys started with bikes, skateboards, then a moped, finally a motorcycle and car..it never ends....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 30th to your parents. The wedding photo on the cake is so sweet. Mini bike - I would be nerves too. The kids will be getting their 4 wheeler back soon. Their Dad got it fixed. I am a nerves mom who did not care if it ever got fixed. I am having a giveaway on my selling blog if you would like to enter. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha... dad's face!

    at least X didn't go over the ramp! mom was trying to get him to! tsk! tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to them.

    Hubby and I have been married
    much longer 39 years for us!

    Pamela
    WV

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to them.

    Hubby and I have been married
    much longer 39 years for us!

    Pamela
    WV

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy