Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday *Smiles*

Hello! I have been busy, this beautiful Saturday, with washing and hanging out laundry and quilts, washing dishes, sweeping and vacuuming, and other housework. :) I wanted to stop by quickly, though, and share with you a few things that have made me smile this past week. (Although, truth be told, the list of things that make me smile is quite long...but I just wanted to share a couple of them!)

I am happy to report that I finished the beanie that I made for Chris! :) I am happy with how it turned out...and he likes it too!

Remember the Marketplace VBS I mentioned HERE? Well, on the last day, they lit the fire in the earthen oven and cooked bread in it! They *made* it during the VBS week! Isn't that so neat??

I told Chris that I want one! ;) Wouldn't that be so great to have in your backyard?

I love this picture...Jaxson helping my grandma (who walks very slowly and carefully) up to the "marketplace" area! He does this quite often...grabbing her hand and walking places with her. It makes a mother proud! **Especially knowing the fact that my children usually love to run to their destinations...seeing him take the time to walk along slowly with her is beautiful to me...something I will keep treasured in my heart, always!**

The last day of the VBS, Stu was getting more accustomed to being down there for a few hours in the evening...and started being a lil more adventurous and would walk out a little further from me to eat grass....that is until she saw that she couldn't see me anymore and she would start looking around and *baaing*...people would comment on how funny it was when she did this because it actually sounded like she was saying "MaaaMaaa"! ;)

In celebration of Madelyn's birthday, we took the littles to a place called Fun Central, about an hour away from us. We had never been there before and my children had such a great time! I hope to share more about that with you, next time! :) Until then, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I need to get going...still things to accomplish with the precious day God has given us! I am so glad you came for a visit and will talk to you again, Lord willing, soon! :)

Joyfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

7 comments:

  1. i think grandma loves that jax walks with her too... he does that a lot at the garage when he's helping her in!

    weird, it said that you have NO followers on your sidebar..? maybe it was just a little glitch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beanie is great. All those beautiful stitches. All you have shared about this VBS is just amazing. The time and dedication that was put into it. May all the seeds planted in all of Gods children be watered now by the next teacher God has in mind to tend them. Jaxson & Grandma so sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the beanie came out beautiful..Great job you did..
    its a nice pic of granny and your son, so precious..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try that beanie as soon as I figure out what "aran" weight is lol
    Jaxson is a true gentleman :)
    I love that Stu thinks you're her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the oven! I know the bread was good. I can see pizza cooked also. You did a great job on Chris's beanie. One of these days, you are going to making them all socks! Grandma's are special and that is such a sweet picture. Can't wait to hear more about Madelyn's birthday. I saw the decorations and things your sister and mother had bought.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah what a wonderful day...your posts always warm my heart girl! Peace, Barb

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy