Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Little Decorating

I love finding new places for things in my home....until I find it's perfect *spot*. Do you do that too? So, yesterday, I changed a few things on the book shelf and hung up a few more items on the wall there. Now, to be truthful, I am *not* a fan of clutter. But I can love *busyness* if it is neat and pretty. :) So that area above is busy....but still neat, and to me, pretty! :)

And...the children and I stopped in at Goodwill yesterday. I always love when you can find some great things at the thrift store, don't you? I found a really neat glass bottle, a wire basket, a super cute sewing basket (with handles!), and a devotional book by Anne Ortlund! :)

In the bathroom, although I have had it hanging for a few weeks now, I think, I wanted to show you the soap dish/holder that I found one day...

I love bars of handmade soap, but they can fade away quickly if you don't have the right soap dish for them to sit on. I found this one and I thought it was absolutely perfect for my Mary Engelbreit bathroom *and* for my love of handmade soaps! **And it was a great price too!**

The days have been hot here...but yesterday afternoon it rained! What a blessing! The gardens needed it and we needed it! It cooled things down considerably! Today it feels wonderful!

Madelyn sat and worked on her knitting for a while...

Madelyn and X sang and played me a tune!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Cheerfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

11 comments:

  1. yes, I enjoy swapping things in decorating, creating new looks..or totally changing the look...I love what you did...I like to go into a home and just look and look and soak things in. The feeling you get when you look at a magazine (decoating) or a gift shop....mI have a ton of plates and things that I need to hang...I think these kinds of things WARM a house..
    Like your bathroom..I too am a ME fan..your soap dish is sooo cute.
    I really enjoyed this post...smiling..
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like re-arranging things too and I LOVE that soap dish! Hubby and I went to Butler, PA this morning, they have a Ross store there and I went in to see if they had any pretty skirts like the ones you wear but they were pretty well picked over:( Guess I need to learn to sew! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy! I love to find things at thrift stores to decorate our house.

    I just love the sewing basket that you found. It will look nice sitting with your yarn and needles in it.

    We finally got some much needed rain overnight and our temperatures are really nice today. Hope that we get more rain too......our gardens really enjoyed it!

    Have a great weekend!

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear rain prayers were answered. Oh yes I love to decorate. Something we already have can become new again when moved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little corner looks very cozy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the wire basket you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks great! I too, move, move, move and move things around until I think it looks just right. You have a beautiful home and a beautiful bunch of kids. blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bookshelf area looks very nice, and still neat too :-)
    Have a joyous Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy! I enjoy your blog and heart at home. It's so very nice to stop by and see what another homemaker is up to. I enjoyed Anne Ortlund's Disciplines of a Beautiful Woman, and Fix Your Eyes on Jesus, very much! How exciting to find one of her books thrifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love moving things around and finding just the right spot, too :)

    Great finds...love your new soap dish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try moving things around all the time. Last week I moved all the art work to new locations. I like mixing things up a bit...keeps my hubby on his toes! Love all your thrift finds...I love to go to thrift stores and yard sales!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy