Monday, July 12, 2010

The London Beanie ~

You may remember that in THIS post, I showed you the hat I am knitting in the round, for Chris. I am really enjoying knitting this pattern! It may seem a bit strange that I am knitting hats during the heat of summer...but this way, when it the temperature *does* turn colder, I will be all ready to give Chris a hat to cover his bare head and ears! :)

I hope to make some more, as well, when I am finished with this one. They would make great gifts for the men and boys of the family!! (And maybe with a few color changes, for the girls too!) If you want the pattern...you can click HERE. The guy who created it said it can be used for selling or gifts or anything. He isn't worried about copyrights! How neat is that? :)
What is on your knitting needles lately? :)

I'm so glad you stopped for a visit! I hope you each had an enjoyable weekend! We have been keeping busy and I feel exhausted. I haven't slept well the past two nights...so instead of waking with a bounce to my step...I feel as though I am dragging a bit. I'm hoping this passes soon....today is a busy week. I have lots to do and would love a nice amount of energy to accomplish each task! :) Best wishes for a beautiful Monday!

Warmly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

10 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to see a creative work in progress! The LB's are good fun to make--they mostly use up scrap wool, they don't take long, the pattern's easy, and once you get the "format" down, you can embellish and become creative very quickly and easily. Consider knitting a few for Our Troops--their heads get cold, and they like things from home! I'm so glad you're enjoying the pattern. - Mark, "the guy who created it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks GREAT! i can def see chris wear that! maybe you should make one in blue for cory for christmas.. lol!

    too bad i don't knit... but that's ok... i'll leave it to you! maybe someday i'll figure out that crocheting!

    -devon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to want to try this pattern. We're moving somewhere *very cold!* and layered hats will be a must. This looks like it would make a great first layer/house hat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work and so organised ready for cooler weather, have just done a couple of knitting posts on my blog with wip and finished stuff
    happy days x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy,
    I love seeing your work in progress. It looks like you did a beautiful job on the hat!

    I would love to learn to knit. Do you recommend buying a self teach book? What would be fun is if you could teach us to knit over your blog. Give us a list of things that we need to start and have finished every day. Hint*Hint! LOL!

    Love reading your post. Have a great day!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beanie is great. I have never knitted but do love the stitches I see in knitted pieces. I tried the bread & it turned out so maybe some day I wil give knitting needles a try. For now I will enjoy your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hat looks great! I understand not sleeping well and being tired. We got a new family member Sat (a cat named Elvis) he's the attention of my blog posts lately because my other cat is not sure about him yet and hisses and meows at him all night. I'm so worried they'll fight if I don't keep an eye on them, that I can't sleep! Not to mention the play dates etc I've planned, all on a bum foot. LOL I hope you feel more rested soon. I can sympathize there. Have a wonderful evening!

    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a talented lady! I wish I was as crafty...what a gift to give something hanmade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Katy! It looks great. I have all my nana's needles (since she passed away) so I think I'll have a try at it.

    what's on my needles - I've just finished a shawl and now have a scarf on them :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy