Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Gift for my Friend

I have a friend, Mya, who is celebrating her birthday this month! She lives in the great state of Texas...and I wanted to make sure her gifts were on time...so I sent them weeks early! She has received them and so I felt I could now share one of the things I made for her, with you! :)

She likes to cook and on her blog, she posts lots of yummy recipes and ideas! :) When I found this little *cooking* scrapbook kit...I couldn't resist! I knew she would love it (and she always appreciates something handmade!)

So I gathered a few of my favorite recipes...nothing super fancy, but things that will definitely satisfy the tastebuds...and got to work!




I had a lot of fun making it. I knew that she would appreciate the time and creativity I put into it and that made it even more special and enjoyable to make. By the time I was done, every little paper stuck to my fingers. I had glue, from the glue stick, all over me! ;)

Although I found this wonderful kit...you could easily make your own! It makes a fun gift for anyone, in your life, that likes to cook or bake! :) If *you* would like these recipes I have included in this scrapbook, please feel free to click on the picture to get a better look at the recipes and copy them down!

I need to go...it's been another full day and I am exhausted. I am ready to curl up in my bed with a good book. Tomorrow holds adventures of it's own! :)

Kindly,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Katy...what a thoughtful and wonderful gift for your friend! It is very nice. I just may try a couple of your recipes. They look so good.

    I love coming to your blog.

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,

    What a wonderful job! So thoughtful of you to do this. The recipes look so yummy. I LOVE to scrapbook! Your post has reminded me of how I have not had much time to scrapbook and how much I miss it. Maybe I'll start working on it some tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration. Have a very blessed day tomorrow!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a special person. that cook book is made with pure love. adorable and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great gift!! i'm sure she loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful and what a GREAT idea for a gift!!!! I'm sure she will enjoy that for many years to come:) xEnjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most thoughtful gift anyone has ever made for me. I treasure it! :)

    Thank you dear Katy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy,
    That is such a wonderful gift to give and you did a great job making it. I'm sure that she loved it.

    The recipes look really yummy! Hope that you have a great weekend!

    Friends,
    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute idea! What alot of love and time went into that. Im sure she will love it! :) im new to your blog, and am enjoying it alot! Blessings.
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a blessed friend you have, to have a friend like you. You did a beautiful job! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift!!! I absolutley love it! Great Job katy, you are so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea! so thoughtful too. I'm sure your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Handmade gifts are truely treasures. You thinking about what your friend likes, creatively thoughting and adding love. What a wonderful gift. smiles, Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a sweet gift and so pretty..She will treasure it..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy