Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Imperfect me.....

...needs perfect He.

I am a wife and a mother who greatly desires to be exactly who He wants me to be. When I don't feel I am living up to par...the eyes flood and spill, tears streaming down my face. I am so very imperfect. I feel as though I could make lists, miles long, of how truly imperfect I am. Daily, there is a battle with self.

I do not ever want to appear as though I am perfect. At times, I fear it may seem as though I am, on my blog...despite my attempts to dissuade that idea. I attempt to live a righteous life daily...but some days I feel frazzled or sad or just plain rotten. I want to be an always selfless, nurturing, attentive wife. I want to be a mother with a sweet and quiet spirit who can calm an argument between siblings quickly and efficiently...always leading by example and embracing my children even through the times they aren't acting very *embracable*.

I struggle with feeling like I am not being *who* I should be(....not for salvation's sake... Jesus took care of that for me when He went to the cross). But because I desire to be all that I can be for Chris, my children and those around me...I continue to strive. It's difficult though because I never feel like I am doing well enough in my *own* eyes.

I turn to God in prayer and His Word...and I find reading THIS post at Jewels' blog to always be an encouragement to me. It is long...but if you feel the same as I do, it is worth the read. If you are like me, a wife and/or mother....or a woman, in need of words to lift you up and encourage you...I hope you will, when the children are snuggled in their beds and you have some moments to yourself...first, pour your heart out to Him...He already knows what you need, He's just waiting for you to bring it *to* Him. Seek answers in His word...take notes for yourself and then put them in a safe place where you can refer back to them when the struggles arise again...for they surely will, on this side of Heaven! :) Then take some time to read Jewels' post that I linked to above. I promise you, after doing all those things, you will find peace (I know, because I do these things each time I am feeling less than confident in my role as a Godly wife and mother)!

Thank you for reading. You each always leave such kind and loving words for me and I always appreciate each note you leave by comment or email. Your encouragement blesses me. But I just wanted to share that I struggle with things on this journey of life too. I do understand hurts and pains and feelings of helplessness and sadness. We each have to stay strong in Him and remember that we are constantly in a spiritual battle (Ephesians 6:12). Keep yourself immersed in His Love and His Word...and find rest in Him...knowing you are never alone!

Daily seeking to rest in His Peace,
Katy :)


The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

14 comments:

  1. I understand completely.......I beleive your faith and trust in our Father shines through...... and I appreciate all you share.
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, dear sweet Ms Katie!
    Your strong yearnings and sincere desires to be what the Lord wants is what makes you exactly what He wants! Remember what II Corinthians 12:9-10 says! We are to rejoice in our weaknesses so that the glory of God's power can shine through our lives!
    You, my sweet friend are a blessing to me♥ I am encouraged to know of your Godly walk as a wife and mother :)
    Hugz,
    Cathy♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are doing a wonderful job! don't ever doubt that! we are all human and it's OK to not be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I understand your desire to be perfect and all that we can be for our earthly loved ones. As I read this post it brings to mind a verse I have stitched. "May there be such love between us that when one of us cries the other can taste salt..." You are such a kindred soul and my heart goes out to you. If you follow my blog please know that I am far from perfect myself. I guess thats why God gave us sheltering trees (friends) to lift us up in prayer when we taste the salt. May our Heavenly Father touch you when these battles arise. God Bless you my friend in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, I think we all struggle if we would just admit it. I try so hard to be the person God would want me to be. There are days with the economy the way it is and our country not being like I wish it could be, I find myself being angry and filled with prejudice. I have to pray constantly for forgiveness and for God to help me with these feeling.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy,
    Everyone has rough times throughout their journey. Always seek guidance from the Lord. Your walk with him will brighten the darkest days.

    Finding your blog has been a true blessing for me. You encourage me thru scripture and your everyday life. Being a mother and wife is a tough, but fullfilling job. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

    Most sincere blessings!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kind Katie, You are always humble and speak from your heart. I have these longings, to be all God made me, too. I see the sin in me and I know that is all the more reason, It is a blessed gift to have Christ. I grew up in a non christian home. I see the sin I have accepted as mine, it a battle I must give to Christ daily. There is a war inside and I am greatful that Christ is greater. Then the times come, I will sink into that ugliness of what a mess I feel that I am, even though I know now of my Savior and His lovingkindness to me and to all! I'll give way to the wrong thoughts and find myself saddened. Thank you for recommending this post I am going to read it right now. It has been a joy to read your blog. Your "real life" is a lovely one, it is beautiful and real. Smiles, Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. So right Katy. My pastor frequently reminds us "Seek ye first the kingdom Of God....and all these things will be added..." The post you shared by Jewels is so filled with wisdom. A bookmark for sure. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i needed to read this post..i feel so lost at time, i cant even tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderful and encouraging post Katy, I hope you don't mind me linking to this from my blog, it says everything that I feel about myself too. Hugs, Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful, heartfelt post. I came here through a link from Tina ~ the quiet homemaker's blog.

    Your post was a blessing to me today.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you katy,much needed today as always god guides us to where wwe find comfort xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    I came over from Tina's blog. Thank you for sharing such a honest, and thoughtful post. I am a fellow struggler, and totally understand what you aspire to be, because I wish that for myself. I will read the post at Jewels blog. Thank you again for sharing your heart, and for the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy