Friday, July 2, 2010

Is this a green bean?

Back in the book of Genesis, when God told Adam that he would have to work the land (Gen. 3:17), He meant it! This is a little embarrassing to admit, but my body is actually sore from days of weeding!

With Jaxson helping, especially, we have to be careful he doesn't pull any of the plants out, while weeding. So while he was weeding down with me, he kept asking "Is this a green bean?" and I would have to show him what the green bean leaves looked like and which were weeds. Pretty soon, I decided that it would be easier to have the boys weed up in the rows of corn since the corn stalks are higher and it is much easier to pull the weeds around them!

The past few evenings we have been down weeding, the weather and temperatures have been absolutely wonderful. I thank God for those...it makes working in the garden so much more bearable!

I am quite a sight while down there. My hair is pulled back with the wind making whispies come out all over...and I wear my lovely sneakers with my skirt...it's too hard to walk through the garden dirt without them. *High* fashion! ;) Sometimes I get a little embarrassed by how I look...wiping sweat from my face with my dirty hands, which then puts dirt *on* my face...plus the hair whispies and my lovely sneakers with my skirt....oh dear!

Sometimes it is difficult to keep Jaxson on task...he loves running up and down the rows....


Madelyn was such a wonderful help...she and I would start on opposite ends of a row and then meet somewhere in the middle. I told her how much I appreciated her hard work and help. :)


Whoops...that's not a weed! That's a radish! ;)




I love the look of the rows of veggies growing!

While we were weeding, at some point, Jaxson took off his flip flops....when it was time to go home for baths, the flip flops were no where to be found! We spent quite a while going up and down rows looking for them. We couldn't find them...but the next day, my mom went out and helped him look and they found them! :)

Horses in the field....

The next evening we went down, I didn't take my camera, but Chris was there too...tilling between the rows. My Mother-in-love came as well and between all of us...we got a lot of weeding done. There's still more to do (it seems never-ending)...we'll just keep working on it!! :)

How are your gardens doing?

Well, it's still early this morning. I have been up since a lil after 5am. I need to get going. I want to spend some time in the Word, have a quick bite of breakfast and get Chris's lunch and coffee made before everyone else gets up. Then the hustle and bustle of the day will begin!

Thanks so much for visiting! :) I really do appreciate it!

Joyfully,
Katy :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

  1. We too have had several days of cooler weather and it has been wonderful. We took the opportunity to do weeding in our garden also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, those weeds never stop. I have been weeding my garden too. But I love being outside enjoying the nice weather God is giving us right now.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your skirt and sneakers;) I've been weeding alot too in our garden and it is hard to stay on top of it, they seem to grow overnight. My son left on Tuesday for the Army and it is good therapy on my heavy heart to stay busy, so look out weeds, I'll be back today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weeds will be weeds...I always so if we wanted them to grow, they wouldn't. (giggle)

    Just love reading your blog. The sneakers and the skirt are a wonderful fashion statement. It shows that what is needed is more important than what it looks like.
    You should see me sometimes with what I wear to do what needs to be done, lol.

    Have a great weekend and holiday. Be safe.

    Hugs and smiles
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have a HUGE garden!!! I also liked your skirt and tennies! :)

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy,
    We've also been enjoying the cooler temperatures and have been doing alot of outside chores. We have 5 gardens, including a potato patch that we planted 350 lbs. in and I'm tickled to say that they are ALL weeded and really thriving! I can't wait to see the harvest in a few short months! We have also been hauling, splitting and stacking firewood too. That is an endless job!

    I love your fashion statement. LOL! I usually have on a pair of old capris and a stained up T-shirt with tennis shoes and fly away hair. I always dread the feeling of someone coming up the driveway when I look my best....LOL!

    Have a fun and safe 4th of July weekend!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe what peas I had left are about done now. I am geting some toms and peppers on. The cooler weather has been much apperciated here to. My flowers are not doing to well. Looks like you will have a wonderful harvest this fall. Blessings to you and your & have a great July 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What precious pictures! I loved the radish picture! Cute children!!!!!!!!!

    Blessings and have a wonderful 4th!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks very nice. So nice to have kids to help with the weeding (even if it takes more time to explain about the weeds, eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden looks amazing!! Love the skirt by the way! I have the exact same one. It's sssoooooo comfy!! Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. we've been weeding too. It's a family affair. We all had to go out and weed between the rows of corn. I think of my weed pulling muscles everytime I get up and sit down!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy