Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Revival of the Curls

I am a fan of long hair on girls...I just love how it looks natural and feminine. Madelyn, however, has thick, curly hair. With her hair as long as it was (when wet and combed it went to the bottom of her back)...it pulled down all her curl and was difficult to keep neat. Even when you would brush it, it would look messy again immediately. She asked for a hair cut...and I reluctantly agreed. She wanted it all cut to her shoulders. I was so hesitant to do that. It would take *so* long for it to ever grow out a bit! So I suggested layers. :) My aunt is the only person who has ever cut Madelyn's hair...*we are quite spoiled*! I explained to her what I was thinking and she agreed that would work. So after a snip, snip here and a snip, snip there...she was done!


If you look above in my blog header...on the right side, you can see Madelyn with her long hair. The curl just isn't there in abundance. Now though...the curl is back! Yay! Even after the picture I took above, her curls got even more curly and cute! She likes it, I like it ~ everyone is happy! :)

Just a quick post for today!
Thanks for visiting!
Kindly,
Katy

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

  1. Even with the haircut, I'd still consider her hair pretty long. She's a beautiful girl and those curls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful Katy, and what a blessing to have natural curls:) Enjoy your weekend in this PA heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make curl serums (even for kids) that will help tame the curls so they arent so wild and crazy. the haircut sounds like it will help quite a bit too!! Curls can be so beautiful but such work!!! I have curl in my hair and because its so much work, I just straighten my hair. I'm glad she's loving her hair again!! --Angi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is very pretty with such lovely curls. I have naturally curly hair, but it always frizzes! I just love your blog!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of those pretty curls look just enhance the beauty she already has! Both my girls had spiral curls when they were little, and they all seem to have gone away. Except, now they both have all this straight hair and then weird kinky hair starting to grow. So it's not totally straight or curly! Not sure what to do with it...LOL clearly I'm starting to think too much about it now.
    Hope you have a great weekend!!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! I also have natural curly hair, but my daughter age 12 has straight! The only child that got it was my 6 year old Ben, a BOY! Yes, I love curls! Thanks for showing us the beautiful girlie!
    christina Gomez

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks beautiful! I agree I like long hair too, especially on little ones. I would love to have curly hair. I just slept in those big punk rollers last night so I could have curls today. LOL
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those curls Madelynn!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so so glad she didn't cut her hair to her shoulders. layering is a good way to go--as long as it's not feathering like mom had you do to your hair in the 5th grade! HAHAHA!

    tell mads that it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable, wish my hair would cul like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy,
    It's so pretty and she's so pretty! I would still consider it long. Just don't go any shorter, Madelyn! :) j/k
    Been loving your posts lately. So encouraging.
    God Bless
    Natural Mama

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too am a “big fan” of long hair on girls; it looks so elegant and feminine. My daughter wants to grow her hair to the floor; it is currently past her knees when not braded. She doesn’t have curls, only very light waves. It’s so fun “playing” with her hair!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy