Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Place to Hang

I love my aprons. They are just a necessary thing for a woman to own! :) My poor aprons have had no real place to call their *own*! I was thrilled when, one day, I found this "coat hanger" at an antique/old stuff shop. Immediately, my mind thought to my aprons...and their need to be in a place, together, neat and tidy. I got the *what I now call* "apron hanger" for a wonderful price and Chris (being the sweet, loving, helpful man that he is) helped me to hang it! It is in the laundry room (which is not our permanent laundry room)...on the wall just at the bottom of the steps!

Although it is simple and not-so-very-exciting to most...it makes me smile. Adding things to my home that make it a tidier or prettier place to be gives me joy! *And* I just love aprons...don't you? THIS article at Above Rubies is a beautiful way to describe a love for aprons! :)


Other than some baby things I have been knitting recently...I am knitting dishcloths for people, as gifts. This is the one I am working on now, for a dear friend...

When it is finished it will include 9 hearts. :) It is going well and I hope she likes it! It's nothing big ...but a gift from me to her. It is such a wonderful thing to *give*, isn't it? Not only of *things* or of *money* but of our time and energy. What lives can be touched and improved if people just *give* more! Especially the lives of our own family. How many people are *out* helping others...but meanwhile there are spouses and/or children who need them at home?

It is my sincere desire to, each day, give more of myself to my family....really take the time to listen to my children, smile at my husband more, make it a point to find a way to make each person feel how special they are to me. It's easy to go through life, going through the motions. I want to make each day beautiful. A new pearl to add to the strand of life! **Again...if you haven't already...you need to buy (or borrow) THIS book to read! It will teach, encourage, and revive your heart!

And...just because it makes me smile...

The weekend has been busy and I am in need of rest. My eyes are heavy and ready for sleep. Chris is picking the children up from Sports Camp...it's a VBS our church does...this is the 3rd year. I look forward to hearing how their evening was and what they learned! Then it will be time to get changed into bed clothes, teeth brushed, prayers said and lights out! Tomorrow holds busyness of it's own and we all need our *beauty rest* ~ maybe not so much for our outward beauty...but for our souls. You can't be *beautiful* if you are crabby and joy-less! :o) So...off to get some sleep!

Wishing you a beautiful week ahead! I'm so glad you were able to stop and visit!

Lovingly,
Katy :)
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee,
and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
~Numbers 6:24-26

12 comments:

  1. Again, your dishcloths are just way too pretty too use! LOL I love how you are doing the hearts. I feel the way you do... we must treasure easch day and each moment. I do the same on my blog as well.. my kids, my life and all about them that makes me smile. They are one of my greatest blessings in life!
    Have a great week!
    Blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my aprons so much. Two of them hang from each end of a rolling pin that belonged to my dear Gram when not in use. Her rolling pin is in a rolling pin bowl keep in my kitchen. It is so handy to have them close by to the sink and look pretty hanging when not in use. My Gram & Great Gram always wore an apron. I think I am the only one in the family who still uses aprons. The dish cloth is pretty & the best gifts received are those made with TLC. You are so right many people are out helping others and not seeing they also need to help their own spouce and children. My children and I are in this situation. It hurts very much to watch my spouce help others and be so kind to them and not show us a tiny bit of that kindness. A few post ago you had a wonderful post on the subject about how a wife should be. I truely believe with all my heart Gods word says just that. Threw the post God used you to deliver that message to me & has been encouraging to me. I can say it has not been easy & I have had to pour my heart out to God often this week on it. Blessings to you & yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy! Loved your picture of the dish cloth that you are making. It is going to be beautiful and like many other have said.......to beautiful to use!

    Although I don't use an apron in the kitchen, yours look so homey hanging in their own little spot. Might have to give an apron a try?

    We are coming off a week full of excited VBS. Many nights this past week my eyes were heavy with sleep.

    Have a great week!

    Nicki in WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that dish cloth pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful dishcloth, beautiful words. Yes, giving enlarges the heart. We have so much to give, since we have been given much by Him. Thankyou for giving us encouraging words this morning. Have a very blessed week!:)
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, I love the hearts on the dishcloth! I ruined many shirts in my lifetime before I thought to buy an apron, and now I have a couple (the neck to knee ones, lol) and they are wonderful! Just goes to show, it's never to late to teach an old dog new tricks, LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the greatest callings in one's life is to be a Mother. I appreciate how you are making the most of each day. God bless you as you minister to those precious little ones that God has placed in your care. Continue to teach them to seek the Lord and to live "simply". God bless you and have a Joyous Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dishcloths! One day I will learn to knit!! I crochet them, but I really do like the dishcloths that have been knit better.

    What would we do without aprons? I have a pictures of both of my grandmothers with their aprons on, and each grandmother is holding one of their children - that just goes with aprons too!

    Life is what we make of it - I love your thought on, adding a pearl to the strand of life, how appropriate! Have a beautiful day!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just visited your blog for the first time and it's wonderful! I wanted to let you know that you won the giveaway for BETWEEN GOD AND ME over at my blog - To Read, Or Not To Read. Please e-mail you address and I will mail it out to you! (toreadornotto(@)yahoo(.)com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dishcloth is adorable! I do have a thing for hearts though. Treasuring each moment is something that I am striving to be better at. Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love my aprons and I am getting some for my sils for Christmas they dont own one and I think everyone needs at least one! lol
    Love your words on making each day special I have really been thinking about this alot and then to see your words is another great additive.
    Hope you have a great week! Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy, I would like to make a dishcloth like yours. Will you tell me where I can get the pattern please?

    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
    lauraofharvestlane at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy