Friday, October 24, 2008

Lehman's


Have you ever heard of the Lehman's store? I have never been there...but my inlaws were there a couple weekends ago..and oh my goodness...I am so jealous! LOL It has such awesome stuff there. It is a place where a lot of Amish and people who are trying to live more self-sufficiently get there stuff! It is so fantastic! My MIL said they just loved it there. We are totally taking a trip out there sometime. It is a bit of a drive...but definitely worth it! If you want to see some of the stuff they sell....HERE is the link to their store online!

Does anyone else love oil lamps as much as I do? Aren't they so fantastic and beautiful?! I just love them! They have all kinds of goodies in their store. They even have wonderful toys! You know the ones you can actually use your imagination with?? LOL...yep..they have those! I absolutely LOVE this fold away barn...I know my kids would love it...a little outta my price range though...but isn't it too cute? I totally have a love for older and simpler items!

No...this is NOT a paid advertisement for them or anything...LOL. My MIL gave me the catalog and I just fell in love with it and thought I had to share it with everyone in case they had never heard of it before! It is an awesome place..located in Ohio!!! :) If you have been there...I would LOVE to hear about it!!! :)

And...I have this "thing" for handmade/sewn totebags and aprons. I just love them. I could just browse etsy and totally drool sometimes! LOL I love all these handmade Amy Butler bags. Aren't they beautiful? Argh...I wish I knew how to thread my sewing machine and was an awesome sewer so I could whip one up...ROFL! And...THESE aprons...aren't they fantastic? The talent people have that can make things...and build things...and create things...just amazes me! I love it! I am trying to buy mostly handmade things for Christmas gifts this year! Handmade is the BEST!!!

I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!!! xoxo

13 comments:

  1. Sweetie you are one of the most talented ladies I know!!! Lehman's sounds like a dream!!! and I too have a love for oil lamps! Just haven't found any in my price range here! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, my mother has a green oil lamp that I fondly remember from my childhood. We used it when the power went out. Of course, I grew up with Little House on the Prairie and associated the oil lamp with that show. What great memories! This year when it looked like we'd be hit by Hurricane Hanna, I bought my first one. It is on my mantel, but I haven't used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw one of their catalogs once and I loved it. I am so glad you reminded me of it.

    Please stop by for my best news ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Katy, I do just love Lehman's too. I have never had the privilege of visiting their store, but their catalog is dreamy. I get all my woodstove supplies from them as well as my oil lamp globes and my good old-fashioned hand powered wheat grinder.

    And have you seen their selection of homesteading books? Sigh ... so many wonderful reads!

    Hope you get to visit their store and share the photos with us.

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Katy, I haven't looked at one of those catalogs in years! Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna send for one today! LOL! You have a wonderful weekend girl! Hugs! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Me! I love oill lamps as much as you do! *lol* ;)

    I have been on the go all week because one of them had a burnt up uhmm.. howdoyoucallthem? (the piece of fabric that burns?) and of course NO stores sell those anymore.... Finally, I found some on ebay....

    Greetings from the netherlands! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Katy, Im doing the handmade thing this year too. I have a few things up and my blog for sale and will be adding more Mon. But I had to share a couple of the videos that are out(like the one you shared)first. I have zipper pulls for kids and jewelry and lots of fun other goodies. So check out my blog when you get a chance. Have a super duper weekend! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living only 30 min. from that store - it is so dangerous for me - I LOVE it. But, when we need something like oil lamps, canning supplies, candles, stuff for the woodburner - we know exactly where to go. When you decide to make the trip - email me and I'll meet you there and take you to Berlin (about 40 min. from there) and you will think you're in heaven with all the wonderful things that town has!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy,

    I have heard of that name but didn't realize that's what they sold! I would love to go to that store too and I bet my dad would absolutely love it! I'll have to check it out online and see if I can get him a catalog! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't Lehman's the dream of all dreams! I absolutely LOVE that catalog...and visiting the store - oh geez! I don't think anyone would be able to drag me away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link! I will definitely be shopping their toy section!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Most cities offer early voting. I would suggest calling your city hall and asking if it is offered in your area! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to go to a place like that - I have an oil lamp in the kitchen and I love to light it in the evenings - it's so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My father in law just gave us that catalog earlier this fall. We were interested because they sold wheat berries. I was not too thrilled with what I got though. I ordered wheat and a mat you use for rolling out dough for pies. Well, my wheat was full of stones and other odd small round things and the mat was printed backwards. I wanted the mat to show my daughter how to roll out dough, but when you have a child learning numbers, it does not help to have backwards numbers. They were good about refunding me for the mat and letting me keep it. Hopefully I just had a fluke experience.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy