Friday, October 10, 2008

A Beautiful Fall Morning!

Today is a gorgeous day here in Pennsylvania! I started my morning early...around 4:30am. My husband thinks I am nuts...but I can't help it...that is just when my body wakes up! I got on the computer a bit, before going downstairs. Then, I went down and had some breakfast and showered and read my Bible. I read the books of I and II Thessalonians (I even read some in Timothy as well)! Instruction and encouragement....just what I needed! Isn't it fantastic how whatever you read in the Bible can just really improve your day and be just what you needed to hear? God is good!!!

After sending Chris off to work and getting the kids their breakfast, I went outside to hang out some laundry. It is a gorgeous morning! Crisp air....beautiful scenery....aren't the trees just absolutely stunning? It's no surprise though, that God's creation is so beautiful.

So, I hung out some towels and such this morning....it was peaceful and quiet, my only companions being my sweet Ruthie and Jack the Cat. Ruthie follows me everywhere. And Jack, who is now an outside only cat, follows me too when I am outside.

As I sit down to get ready to start our school day.....this is the beautiful view out my front window.....
And my eager kids....excited to start school!



For Art today, Madelyn made a couple pumpkins! We hung them in the schoolroom for more fall decoration! I think she did a great job! :)


Lots to do today....schooling is completed...but errands and housework are calling my name! So...I need to run. But before I go...I wanted to share a few quotes I came across that I just LOVE.....

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication".
~Leonard DaVinci

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest".
~Henry David Thoreau

"There is no substitute for books in the life of a child".
~Mary Ellen Chase

19 comments:

  1. Love your post! I too get up at 4:30am every morning. Not always what I want, but I have so much trouble sleeping at night that I do it to tire myself out.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-ya! I just found your blog. I'm 17 but you're list of favorite music an intrests looks very much like mine ;)
    I also live in the PA country (with Amish neighbors, ugh.) and am a blogger. Come visit me sometime!
    www.guitargirl08.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having 4 seasons! Fall is one of my faves! The colours are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing laundry on the line, I can almost smell it! LOL
    Have a great fall day......
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4:30!!!! I wish I could do that, I could get a lot more done in my day. But I got to bed around 1:00 these days for craft fair prep.

    The fall changes look so pretty in your area. We're slowly changing here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post :) I wish I could get up at 4:30am, I'm just too tired LOL

    Sounds like you're having the perfect day, enjoy it :)

    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you get up way to early for me!!:0) I am so much a night person!!! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Just saw your comment on my blog. Thanx for the visit!!
    Yep, I'm pretty sure Newsboys is my favorite band ;) I got to see them this spring when they were in the Burgh! :-D Awesome concert!!! I have a video on my blog that I found of them on YouTube doing the drum solo ;) I'm TOTALLY getting the live DVD/CD thing soon!
    That's cool that you homeschool! My mom homeschooled me and she's homeschooling my little sis too. I'm graduated and wanting to attend a local community college, but can't until I'm 18 because the state never gave me a diploma >:( Ah, well. I guess I should just take this time and be thankful for the break. ;)
    *Whew!* Anyways, never meant to write a novel of a comment. LOL! You're going on my blogroll, so don't think this is the last you'll hear from me. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, You are truly an inspiration, I would love to say I could get up at 4:30, I know my days would go a lot smoother. Looks like homeschooling is going well too. What a pretty peaceful posting. Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Katy, I am making my rounds and trying to check out some of these blogs...I love yours! You've done a beautiful job on it. In fact it's gonin on my "FAV" list! :)
    I live in PA also...where abouts are you? Today is a beautiful day in my neck of the woods as well.....Fall is BEST!

    I enjoyed stoppin' by...and will prolly be poppin in often!

    Enjoy this gorgeous day!!

    *hugs*
    -Kath

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your post. You view out the window is beautiful. Waking up at 4:30 would for sure leave me needing a very long nap--LOL!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't get up quite as early as you....5:45 but it's so peaceful early in the mornings. To see your clothes hanging from a clothesline makes me wish I had mine back. I loved to hang my sheets and towels out...they smelled so fresh. Enjoyed reading your blog...will be visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had the same thought this morning and I took a picture out my window too. I find myself talking out loud to God a lot this time of year thanking him for the glorious colors all around. It's like the glow comes right from Him!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another full and fabulous fall day... Here's hoping that your weekend is equally productive and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, 4:30am sure is early. I don't sleep well at night, so I would have trouble starting my day that early. But it would certainly be a good time to spend some quiet time with God!

    It's nice to see I am not the only one who has lots of towels to hang out on the clothesline. :-)

    Looks like you had a really beautiful day where you live. We are having some much needed rain here.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy, your blog is always so inspiring! Yes, God is always good! What a wonderful view you have, the trees are so beautiful. My hubby gets up everyday at 4:30 to go to work. Don't know how he does it but he's been doing it for 25 years! I wish you many more of these lovely days! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sure is beautiful here in PA! We are truly blessed by the wonderful sight set before us! The smells, sounds, air, and sight is just such a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your post! Just playing catch up as I have not had much time to blog latly:)Wow Katy 4:30,I wish I could get up that early!!Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!!A blessing as always!!!
    Wow,what a blessing to have gotten all that bible reading in!! You must be a super fast reader!! It would take me forever to read all of that!! God always knows what we need!Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You DO rise early!! Talk about a Proverbs 31 woman!! Good for you for getting in the Word and getting things going early! It definitely makes a difference in day, doesn't it?

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy