Monday, October 13, 2008

Cookouts + Apple Pie = Tons of Fun!

It's been so gorgeous here lately...the weather has just been absolutely perfect. My family and I have been totally enjoying it! After church yesterday....Chris mentioned that he thought it would be fun to have a fire/cookout that evening. So...after lunch....we all took a nap...it is the day of rest! ;) Afterwards, the kids played outside in the beautiful fall weather and I got to cookin'. As Chris got the fire ready, I made baked corn and an apple pie. We invited a couple of friends over and had a great time! :)

Before I stuck it in the oven...nice and piled up with apples...

After I took it out of the oven...bummer. My "nice" pile of apples seems to have disappeared. I always try to pile it so high so after it is done cooking...it still has a heap of apples....but alas...it never works for me. LOL Anyone have any tips?

Thankfully...the pie still tasted really good! :) Below is a pic of our lil fire pit. Look at that coffee pot..isn't it neat? Someone had gotten it for Chris (I don't remember who) and last night...he tried it for the first time...making coffee over the fire! It must have worked because he drank 4 cups of it!!! LOL




Below is a picture of my good friend, Heather. Jaxson just loves her!!!! :)

For supper...we had steaks, Chris grilled over the fire (hotdogs for the kiddos), fried potatoes...cooked in a cast iron skillet over the fire...YUM!!!, and baked corn. Then for dessert...apple pie!!! It was a fantastic meal. I know I really enjoyed it, and I think everyone else did too.
We had a really wonderful Sunday. I truly enjoy my sunday school class (I teach the Jr. High). They are such great kids! Church brought a wonderful message and the rest of our day was just perfect! I absolutely love days like that! Don't you? I hope you had a fantastic Sunday as well!!! xoxo

26 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic day Katy!!
    Yum that meal looks so good!!

    Take care, have a great Monday!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. wHAT A GREAT DAY! What is your recipe for apple pie? I never made one from scratch and would like to try to make the crust, etc. from scratch this year/holiday time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you enjoyed Canadian Thanksgiving in style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time with friends!

    The pie looks delicious...it must have been a day for Apple Pie, I made one too! That baked corn looks pretty good, how do you make it?

    Thank you for such wonderful posts! It starts my day off great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time! There is nothing better than great food with great friends!

    I have a wonderful friend, Heather, too! She left the post above mine! :) Hooray for friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My! MY! Do I ever have a hankering for a piece of apple pie.
    Blessings from Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to spend a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really yummy! I have so been wanting to make an apple pie. Maybe I'll do that this coming weekend. Do you have a good recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!! Your pie looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Sunday does sound just that PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, that pie looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun times this season holds! Camp coffee is the best too! Love all the outside fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy--we made bread dough---wahoo, except we decided to make scones with it instead--so good!! We have snow here, so your cookout looks especially nice!! Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy, that looked and sounded so wonderful! What is baked corn?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a nice way to enjoy a gorgeous Fall Sunday!...Good Friends, Good Food...and a good ole camp fire! :)

    *hugs*
    -Kath

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katy, every time I visit, your posts, filled with family, happy times and the love of God, just makes me feel warm and happy all over! Just love to come here and stop awhile! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your apple pie looks great:) I do love your enamelware dishes too!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful pie....what a wonderful fire pit....what a wonderful day....what a wonderful life! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks wonderful, what a wonderful and blessed way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great day. The meal looks scrumptious and the pie is beautiful and makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fluffy or mid-fluffy, the pie looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How fun!! Baked corn?? Care to share the recipe?? I want some of that coffee-love it, just don't like my own...crazy, huh?!?!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful pics Katy! Any chance you could give me the recipe for your pie pastry? It always looks sooo yummy!

    love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Katy- What a wonderful Sunday! I can almost taste the baked corn, hot dogs and apple pie- YUM! I have never an made apple pie, so I admire your efforts! It sure looked pretty and I'll bet it was delicious!:) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  25. Katy,
    Sounds like you guys had a great day!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! About the apple pie.Certaine kinds of apples hold their shape better than others. I think a firmer apple will work better for the mile high effect. I love mile high apple pies as well!! Hope your evening tonight is a blessed one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMiGosh! Seeing that made me sooo hungry for apple pie! I guess it doesn't help that I'm hungry right now to begin with, but...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy