Monday, October 6, 2008

A Busy Weekend!

When you get an outside wood burner....you need to have wood to put in it. :o) There was a big tree beside my clothesline that needed to come down anyway....so a friend we know, came with his crew and brought it down for us and then Chris cut it up with some help from a young neighbor and his brother. We still have a lot more wood to get...but so far, so good! :)

Notice Chris's chainsaw in his hand in the pic above. That is a BRAND spankin' new chainsaw. His older one was not made for such heavy duty use and kept dieing on him. He was getting frustrated and it just wasn't working out for him....especially when he would be cutting ALOT of wood through the years. So...he and I talked...God provided money for us on Friday in the form of a refund check we received from something previous. And Saturday...Chris and I were soooo thankful to God for that check. It enabled Chris to get the chainsaw he needed to be able to cut the wood to heat our home! God is so good! He knew what we needed and when we needed it. He is always faithful and always provides! I sing praise to His name!


Yesterday, after church and lunch...chris and the kids rested while I did some baking. My inlaws were having a picnic last evening for everyone who helped with their Fall Festival. So, I made pasta to take and also baked some pumpkin bars. I got the recipe from one of my blog friends' sites...but I can't remember whose it was!
After the bars were cooking, I had leftover pumpkin that I didn't want to waste...so I searched through my cookbooks (I have a TON...and I LOVE them!) and finally found a recipe for pumpkin bread that I had all the ingredients for. So...I cooked up a couple loaves of pumpkin bread as well! It is sooo yummy! Moist and delicious!

Pumpkin is such a great smell and flavor during Autumn! I just love it! Since I made 2 loaves of pumpkin bread....I am going to take one of the loaves to an older couple from church whom I have been getting to know. They are elderly and she has had some horrible health issues and they have just been through so much and I admire their love for each other...and their dedication to each other and God. It is such a wonderful blessing to witness! So I have been trying to reach out to them with cards, prayer and such to let them know how much their devotion to each other, through all the hard times, is such a wonderful witness to the rest of us at church. I do this to the glory of God only! I hesitated even posting about it...because I didn't want anyone to think that I reach out to others for my own glory. We love because He first loved us. I am constantly seeking to encourage others around me. I don't accomplish as much as I should...but I do try. I love Jesus and I want His light to shine through me!

And lastly, I wanted to share with you the new apron I bought for my dishsoap from Katie at The Buzy Bee! Isn't it so cute!? I plan on buying a few more later on, for Christmas gifts!!! I just love them!!!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and I thank you for stopping by! We are finished with schooling for the day....here in a bit, it's off to Walmart. With the cold weather setting in...we need new gloves (we have tons of gloves in this house...but none seems to be able to find it's match...ACK...so aggravating), socks, slippers (same deal as the gloves..argh!) etc. Happy Monday!!! xoxo

19 comments:

  1. God is great! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pumpkin bread and bars look so yummy! How sweet that you're taking a loaf to someone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good person Katy! You are ain inspiration!!

    Yum...I have some pumpkin here, I just need to get the ambition to bake!!

    Maybe your gloves, slippers and socks are off playing with our slippers, gloves and socks!! Same problem here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's timing is ALWAYS perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is just wonderful that you are making the pumpkin bread for the elders in your church. I didn't think you were being gloatish (is that a word?) at all. In fact, it made me feel encouraged to do something nice like that as well. You should serve up some of that apple cider along with that pumpkin bread! Yummers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can smell your goodies from here-LOL!! Good luck with the gloves--I just sorted through ours this morning. I'm always amazed at how one glove gets lost--where does it go? ARRGHHH......Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful that you are reaching out to that couple. One of the things I think is sad about today is how the older generation is sometimes forgotten.

    We are also gearing up for the colder weather. Megan got a new winter coat, gloves and snowpants last week. Now she just needs a hat.

    Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wood is good - especially when free. A friend of ours offers to clear wood for others if they let him take it for his fireplace so he never has to buy any.
    I think it is good to mention when you do for others - not for praise, but to set an example of how each of us can reach out somehow to others. You never know who might read your blog and think they could do the same! There is always something we can do and the pumpkin bread looks like a fine way to share something so seasonal with those folks. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pumpkin bread looks SO good I can almost smell it through the computer. Will you share the recipe?

    Sounds like you had a great day Katy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im so glad that the Lord provided for yall! He always knows exactly what we need!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pumpkin bread and mismatched gloves... it must be fall! Glad you had such a fruitful and productive weekend, Katy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,

    Thanks for your comment on my deals. I get most of my coupons from the Sunday paper. If the coupons are great( like a $2.25 off coupon for diswashing detergent) I will go to the dollar store and buy a couple additional papers.

    I also visit MoneySavingMom.com and see list lots of deals and the coupons that go with it.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it awesome to know that the Lord knows just what we need just when we need it? The sparrows have nothing on us!! And you ARE so much of an encouragement, Katy. Reading of your love for God and your family is a constant blessing to me - even if I don't tell you - EVEN from across the U.S.! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for outside wood burners! What a great investment...you'd left a comment at The Barefoot Mama about it and I've been so excited for you guys! Oh my, it's over $1000 to fill up our oil tank (though we can get through a winter with 150 gallons only...still, ridiculous prices!). I can't wait to move, LOL!

    P.S. LOVE that little dish soap apron! Pumpkin bread...yummo! I just did some mini chocolate muffins with pumpkin puree inside.

    Have a lovely week, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pumpkin bread looks delicious! It's been too long since I made pumpkin anything, but now my stomach is growling for that bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post Katy!I think the provisions God has made for you and your family are wonderful!!What a wonderful testamony to share them with us!!
    the baked goods look very yummy:) I think I saw a recipe for pumkin bars on Lea of Farmhouse Blessings Blog a few weeks ago. that may have been where you got the recipe from.
    Lol! I know what you mean about the gloves! we loose them too.Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bread looks delicious, I can see how moist it is from the pictures.
    Hugs Katy, have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. God is better than good, isn't He? Wonderful about teh new chain saw!

    And the pumpkin breads look so good! That is something I always bake every year that my family can't get enough of.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy