Friday, November 28, 2008

"A Godly Man......

....preferreth grace before goods, and wisdom before the world." ~Richard Bernard

We still did schooling yesterday on Thanksgiving. We had the time in the morning...and it was nice because Chris was home from work and was able to see how our school time goes! He spent time with Xavier, talking about numbers and such. But to me....it wasn't just about the learning...it was seeing Chris take the time to work with X....and X totally soaking it up! It was so sweet to watch!
Jaxson did some coloring....

And below is Madelyn illustrating in her bible notebook....


To end our school day...Madelyn and I worked together to make favors for the Thanksgiving table. We made hand turkeys and Madelyn cut out and glued colored feathers (cut paper) onto them and made beaks and eyes and then wrote the names on them! I think she did a great job!



We had a really nice Thanksgiving meal at my mom's....and later in the evening we had desserts at my aunt's house. It was a great day of Thanksgiving. As I ate, I thought of those who don't have the blessings of food to eat like we do. It's such a sad thought...but true. It's kinda embarrassing to get overly stuffed when eating a Thanksgiving meal...knowing there are people who have nothing. This will be something I pray about alot and see in what ways I can help those with less.

1 John 3:17-19 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ? Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions. Then we will know for sure, by our actions, that we are on God's side, and our consciences will be clear, even when we stand before the Lord.



I hope you all had a really nice Thanksgiving time with your families and wish you a wonderful weekend! Before I go...I just wanted to share the scarf I had been knitting....I finished it and took a pic to show you all! Happy Friday! :o)

21 comments:

  1. Glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving. The scripture is especially touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you and your family had a great Thanksgiving. I can't wait to have kids and do fun stuff like that with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post Katy! I love that verse and you are so right. Many of us are richly blessed in many ways, but it is heartbreaking to know that there are those who are in desperate need.
    Your scarf turned out great! And the table favors turned out so cute!
    It's so nice to see a yong Christian family enjoying each other's company.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, Katy! You are such an inspiration! Love the turkey hands, they bring back childhood memories. That scarf is lovely! Hugs! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Miss Katy. It is embarrassing to think of all we have and most of us (myself included) always want more. Love the verse. Love the turkeys. Love the scarf. Love YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Katy. The scarf is lovely! I love the soft colors. The photos of the children and your husband are so precious. How blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your Thanksgiving day. This year was one of my favorites for us...Continue to love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's so good to see Chris help out with Xavier on problems. Great pics!! Smart move to take some for your photo album.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy!
    I'm so happy you had a nice Thanksgiving! Your scarf turned out beautiful, and little Miss Madelyn sure made great turkey favors!
    When I think of all the food we had for Thanksgiving it's hard to put into words imagining those without any isn't it? Makes me sad and convicted because I too am a WANTful person. I probably throw out, and to our animals more than alot of people have. :(
    Blessings to you Katy!!
    Love Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! Love the turkeys! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy, those pictures of your husband and son doing school together are just precious! I know those kinds of moments mean so much...

    And love the turkey name cards that you and your daughter made- adorable!

    Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,
    Sounds like you guys had a blessed Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing all the pics!I love M`s Place settings too!She did a wonderful job! And your scarf looks amazing!!! My blanket is coming aog slow but sure! I`ll try to post pictures later!!Take care!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post Katy, and well done on making your scarf too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Katy, your family pictures and words about homeschooling and your little girl making decorations are so heartwarming. As well as giving to others who have less.And the picture of your husband teaching your son will be a favorite passed down as the years go by. You will be blessed for it all! Just love the pretty scarf! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Katy, it's so great to see how well homeschooling is going for you - i'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. And what a wonderful morning you all had learning! Love the turkeys
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post Katy---everything you say is true. Love the verse too....a good reminder to all of us. Belated Thanksgiving Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved seeing your dh working with X. My sil helps out, too, and I think it is such a great thing and children should know that men are equally responsible for education. Bless you and your family during this season of giving and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those turkeys, Katy! What fun!
    Oh I forgot to tell you that I dyed that sampler with coffee ... just plain ole instant coffee dabbed on with a cotton cloth. It works great as long as its not on a heirloom piece that you want to last for 100 years! The acid will eventually break down the fibers but not in our lifetime.

    Your scarf is gorgeous!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy