Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Inspirational Quotes to Ponder!

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." ~ C.S. Lewis

"Spirit filled souls are ablaze for God. They love with a love that glows. They serve with a faith that kindles. They serve with a devotion that consumes. They hate sin with fierceness that burns. They rejoice with a joy that radiates. Love is perfected in the fire of God." ~ Samuel Chadwick

"I want deliberately to encourage this mighty longing after God. The lack of it has brought us to our present low estate. The stiff and wooden quality about our religious lives is a result of our lack of holy desire. Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people. He waits to be wanted. Too bad that with many of us He waits so long, so very long, in vain." ~ A.W. Tozer

"What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow." ~ Martin Luther

"'Not called!' did you say? 'Not heard the call,' I think you should say. Put your ear down to the Bible, and hear him bid you go and pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to its pitiful wail for help. Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entreat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters, and servants and masters not to come there. And then look Christ in the face, whose mercy you have professed to obey, and tell him whether you will join heart and soul and body and circumstances in the march to publish his mercy to the world." ~William Booth

"Faith takes God without any ifs." ~ D.L. Moody

"The only way to learn strong faith is to endure great trials." ~ George Muller

"He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other." ~ C.S. Lewis


I loved these quotes and I love to think about quotes. Sometimes they put things in perspective for me...in a way I hadn't thought about them before! :) Do any of these quotes do that to you? Do you have any favorite sayings or quotes?

Out of all these quotes I put here...my favorite is the first one. Gosh...I never thought of the fact that I am a soul. I just have a body. It isn't about having a soul! It's so obvious and yet, I never truly thought of it that way!

Anyway...I would love to hear what you think about these quotes....and maybe quotes you love? I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!!! xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Those are all great quotes. I have 3 quotes I like on the bottom of my blog all the time and there are a lot by Abe Lincoln I like as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quotes! Thank you so much for sharing them, Katy!
    Hugs,
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog...such wonderful posts...I try to achive your simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm- some good quotes here. The Luther quote really makes me think tho. I mean doesn't the Bible say "apart from Me you can do nothing". I guess I tend to think that the things "we" do are really done by Christ in us, if we are letting Him lead by His Spirit. So, if we are led by His Spirit, the things that seem mundane (housework) are still being done through Jesus and the strength He provides (i.e. I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me). I dont know. I guess I just can't picture myself saying to Jesus on judgement day "...and I mopped the floors for YOU and I got out of bed in the middle of the night to change diapers for you..and I..." as if I am doing them in my own strength. I don't want that. I am not sure that is what the quote is getting at but that is what comes to my mind. I hope this makes sense. I guess I think this way because I have come to the end of myself. I know that I can do no good thing, unless I see what the Father is doing,deny myself and follow Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love quotes too! I have the book called "A Rainbow of Hope" and it is nothing but quotes and scriptures.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes the first struck me too. A different way to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quotes, Katy. I really like the first one, too. Hope you are having a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I never would have thought of the first one like that before. Its amazing the insight others have. I know God says he will give wisdom if we ask, we just have to. Love them all.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy