Friday, November 14, 2008

"Were it offered my choice....

...... I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition to correct some faults in the first."
~ Benjamin Franklin


I was tagged by Lea at the Shabby Olde Potting Shed to list 15 things I am not afraid to admit! Wow....15....I am not so sure I have 15 things to admit...let's see.....here we go....

1. My nickname when I was young was Tater or Potato. Yes....seriously. Katy = Kate = Kater = Tater/Potato. I know it sounds odd....but it was sooo normal for me to be called that...that I never really thought about how truly strange it sounds! lol

2. Once, when we were younger, my sister and I sneaked into some Christmas presents....to try and see what we were getting. I felt SO guilty, immediately afterwards...I went and confessed to my mom! lol

3. I actually used to get my hair permed when I was in Jr. High....till I realized my hair is naturally curly and just needed to scrunch gel in it!

4. I used to LOVE Michael Jackson when I was young. (But that isn't the reason I have a son named Jaxson..haha!) I loved how he could dance so smoothly! And..I thought he looked WAY better before all the cosmetic surgery!

5. The actor, Ernest Borgnine, always reminded me of my grandpa...my dad's dad...hehe!

6. I used to think (when I was young, of course...LOL) that the song "What's Love Got To Do With It" by Tina Turner...said "What's love cockadoo, cockadoodle it"....yes...seriously. I know...how embarrassing!!!

7. I have metal plates and screws in my left arm...and my dad called me the Bionic Girl when I was younger :).

8. I got a speeding ticket when I was in college. I was going 84 mph on the interstate...which the limit is 65 mph. The ticket was for $149!!! (I still remember that and it was over 8 years ago!) I never speed anymore!

9. When my sister and I were in grade school....in the summer, we would ride our bikes ALL the time and my bike's name was "Lady Pink". (I miss those times!)

10. When I was 14, I was on a mission trip in Mexico. I don't really like Mexican food..but if we didn't eat...it was seen as disrespectful. So, I ate...and then...immediately up-chucked all over my plate.

11. I am so far behind in my scrapbooking that I should be labeled "The Worst Scrapper Ever"!

12. I am a total extroverted-introvert! LOL....I love to be with people and laugh and don't mind being the center of it all, I don't mind talking in front of large groups etc. At the same time...I also LOVE to be by myself...and just ALONE. :o)

13. I like to try and read things that are in a different language on my shampoo bottles while I am in the shower. I will try and read the french version....then check to see how well I did by reading the English version. ROFL! Is that weird???

14. I actually don't mind cleaning our toilets....LOL...I think I am nuts!

15. And...I am a germaphobe. When someone in my house is sick...I am paranoid. I am always washing hands, lysoling things etc. (being sick is HORRIBLE!) I always wipe down the grocery cart with Anti-bacterial cloths when I go shopping and use sanitizer when I get back in the van afterwards. Then when I get home...I wash my hands. I think this is normal....but Chris thinks I am ridiculous!

OK...so there you have it...15 crazy things I have admitted. :o) Hope you enjoyed them! I seriously hate tagging people so if you read this and think you can admit some things...consider yourself tagged! I totally WANT to read them too...so be sure to let me know you did it! LOL
OH....I WILL tag my sister though. I definitely want to hear what she will admit....ahahahaha!!!

14 comments:

  1. *LOL* I try to read the foreign shampoo instructions too! I thought I was the only one as crazy as that! :D

    greetings from the netherlands!

    p.s. I STILL love Michael Jackson ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy...we are sooo much alike! I do so many of those same crazy things! Toilets are part of my favorite household chores...no lie. I do that with the shampoo bottles. I am a TOTAL germaphobe. And one Christmas, my sister and I opened a corner of the wrapping on every single last one of our presents under the tree just enough to see what each one was. It was the worst Christmas ever (for presents, anyway) since we knew all our should-be surprises. :o( haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was SO fantastic! And you aren't as odd as you think you are. I think I'll do my version a little later in the day.... after some much needed coffee and toilet scrubbing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy~
    You are just too funny! I do alot of the same things you do.
    I loved Michael Jackson too...more so before he bacame weird!!
    As for the germaphobia...Me too!
    As soon as we are in the car, after shopping, or what not...out comes the pump (That we store in the car). The girls automatically have their hands held out!
    You can never be too disinfected!!!

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Janene~

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so funny... i thought grandpa looked like ernest bornine too (still do)! and yes... i thought it was "whats love cockadoodle it"--LOL--we are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, I did two posts today, if you get a chance hop on over. I tagged myself by the way...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is adorable. Thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #6..too cute.
    I actually knew a few of those already. I'll probably make a post like this soon.
    TTYL
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! Loved the post. Whenever I buy something new, I am distressed at how thick the instruction manuel is until I realize there are different languages, and I skip right over them!!! I guess I need to try to educate myself better--:)!!! I like a clean potty, too. Hope you have a great weekend. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that was fun to read, Katy! I'm WAY WAY WAY behind with my scrapbooking too. But winter's coming and I'll try to catch up then...

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Katy!

    Thanks so much for your visit and so sweet comment! I just love it when someone new drops by to say hello!:o) I enjoyed your list...very funny! I am so delighted in meeting you, and what a beautiful blog you have here! I hope you drop by for another visit soon, and I will surely be back to visit here soon! You and your family have a lovely weekend.

    Smiles...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT'S LOVE COCKADOODLE IT? hehehaoaoo.... ~ hey it DOES sound like that!
    I loved learning more about you Katy. I'm a germaphobic too. LOL
    There is nothing worse than actually TOUCHING a public restroom door to get out of the bathroom after you've just washed your hands! Have you tried the new SPRAY germstuff? I think shopping carts are gross too. LOL
    what a Hoot... and I'm thrilled to have met your sissy too!
    The kids pics are soo cute and I'm happy your daughter picked out beads with her birthday money! She is gonna be one crafty gal being around you scrapbookin, knitting and beading!
    Have a great weekend Katy!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Giggle Snort ~ What's love cockadoo, cockadoodle it! That is so funny that my face is hurting. You are too funny.

    But you know, I was in my 20s before someone told me that the weather term was called "wind chill factor" not "windshield factor" like I always. Talking about embarrassing!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy