Saturday, November 15, 2008

Simple Play on a Nice Day!

After schooling....my mom came and picked Madelyn up to go with her to do some birthday shopping. Madelyn's birthday was this summer...but my parents had given her money for a "special shopping day" for her and grammie (my mom). Well...they hadn't had a chance to go for a while....so they went yesterday.
While she was gone...the boys had some fun playing outside. A swingset and trucks with dirt...what more could little boys want? :o)

The day was pretty mild and comfortable...with a strong breeze. So, I hung some clothes out and also worked on my knitting (I will be making an update post on my knitting progress on some things soon!)
I don't mean to brag....but just look at all that wood Chris has cut and chopped and stacked! He keeps adding to it and he just does such a wonderful job! I thank God for such a strong, hard working man!


The "girls" enjoyed time free ranging for the afternoon as well!


Taking a drive.... hehe.....
In the evening, after supper...we read "Hooray for Diffendoofer Day!" by Dr. Suess! Who doesn't love Dr. Suess? Even Chris was listening!! I love all those long, weird words that Dr. Suess invents! Aren't they so fun? I love how you can almost sing his books because they rhyme.

Madelyn had a good time with grammie. She bought a bead/bracelet making kit and some extra beads. I was so pleased with her choice of purchases! She chose things she can "create" with! How wonderful!!! After the kids went to bed, I spent an hour or so, knitting. Then off I went to bed. I get up so early naturally that I get tired early!

I am so thankful for these last few beautiful fall days we have been having...even the chilly ones. I know the snow is soon going to be flying...and I like enjoying fall as long as I can. I hope you all have a great weekend! xoxo

14 comments:

  1. We are having nice mild temps here...and I love it when there is no snow this time of year!!

    The boys look like they are having so much fun!! Oh, and I LOVE seeing the girls!! :)

    We always loved Dr. Seuss as well, my hubby bought a big Dr Seuss book for our oldest when she was just a little girl and we read from it so much!!
    Have a great day!!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice here too, although we have had rain for the past couple of days. can't somplain about that though, since we needed it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sooo cold here today!!! Definantly warm sweater day for us!!!

    I sooo love it when you share pictures! It's like a little glimpse of your heaven!

    I can't wait to see what creations Madelyn comes up with!

    Have a great weekend and you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Dr. Seuss to our boys too when they were little, still have all of them packed away for future grandchildren...it was such fun reading aloud to them...and they have good memories of those times..they don't ready much now but I hope they will in the future...they've had good examples so there is hope.
    Its nice here in California too...slightly cool, clear and sunny..lots of leaves to rack...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, finally a picture of Katy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun the boys look like they had. It is real windy and cold here today. So a great fire would be nice. I cant wait to see what Madelyn makes with her bead set. You and her will have to set you up an etsy with beading and croched items!Have a great weekend. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog made me feel so much better!! Some bloggers can be so mean & rude!! Have a great weekend:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fun Fall day! I was wondering, do you get an over abundance of eggs ever and what do you do with all the eggs? I want to have chickens to bad, but we are too close in the city limits :(
    Its a dream to have them one day however.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading Dr. Suess to my children when they were small. I used to tell them that when you read Dr. Suess, it just has to be aloud! That's part of the fun! Looks like you and the boys had a lovely day in the breezy, fall weather! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love fall days like that. I love all the pictures you post and finally, there's one of you!! You're a doll.

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great weather day you had! Looks like such fun - and what an AWESOME woodpile!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy post! Made me feel so good just reading it! There is nothing sweeter than children busy at play and chickens walking the yard! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Katy!!I hope your having a wonderful Lord`s day!!
    The pictures of the boys playing are so cute!We love Dr.Suess too!
    Boy,looks like your hubby`s been buisy!I don`t think your bragging at all!Cutting all that wood is definatly an accomplishment!
    I can`t waite to see some more knitting projects! There really isn`t too much to see with my project yet.It`s going to be a winter blanket,so I`ve got a while to go yet before it actually looks like anything interesting! I`m starting to regret picking something that`s going to take so long because I really want to see the finished results!!
    Have a blessed day!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's just nothing more precious than a mama loving her children. Love all the pictures of the boys smiling faces. Isn't it nice to have them home?

    Wow Chris sure has been busy, hasn't he? How is that wood heater working?

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy