Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Truth About Me!


Sometimes, I think that on blogs...life can look too peaceful. It doesn't truly catch the craziness of our lives. For the most part, I do try to live a happy, peaceful, calm life. I like to post about those times because they are what I cherish.
However...I am real. I have problems just like everyone else. I have car problems at times and weight issues (always...blah!). My house doesn't always look perfect and my kids have tons of energy and DO fight! I can be selfish (although I try sooo hard not to be...and try to catch myself when I am being selfish and pray about it). I struggle with sin, just like everyone else.
I live a life in this non-perfect world...but I try not to be part of this non-perfect world. I do strive to be a godly woman....and thankfully...even though I mess up...I know I am forgiven. I am so thankful that..... Black + Red = White. My sins...plus the blood of Christ to cover them...makes them white as snow!!!

I just wanted to post this because I never want to give the impression that I am fake or that I am trying to act like I live a perfect life. I honestly just try to do the best I can and live under Jesus! I am so far from perfect. I hope and pray that my blog shows my joy and hope but with the truth that I am not perfect. I would never want to make it seem as though I was. I do live in true happiness though...that is a fact. Happiness that lies in a love from Our Creator. I try to speak of joys and blessings in my blog~not to seem perfect but rather because I want to radiate Sonlight as much as possible! :o)

So...I just wanted to say that...I'm just imperfect Katy....striving to be the woman God made me to be. I strive each day to do things to His glory...but I mess up...I have many flaws...and I just wanted to take this time to be "real" so I never give the wrong impression of myself! I hope you all are having an absolutely lovely week! Thanks for stopping by!!! xoxo

OH...and for everyone who wants the recipes for the post I made HERE...they are in the links of the words that are typed right in the paragraph! :o)

21 comments:

  1. I like and appreciate you just the way you are, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such perfect words from such a sweet and humble person. You are perfect in God's eyes and that is all that matters.(just for the record, you sound pretty perfect to me){: Blessings to you, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being the "real" you. No one is perfect so why pretend to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. Jen, no one is perfect so we shouldn't try to be. I know I am NOT perfect and I fail everyday, but I have a special person living in my heart who forgives me. I knew you weren't perfect *grin* just knew you are human and a Christian trying to live the good life in this sometimes cruel world.

    Thank you for being so humble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm imperfect Marion, nice to meet you imperfect Katy..:) You are a sweet and kind person and I am thankful to have met up with you this year on your blog!
    Take care.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you, and all your imperfections my sweet sister in Christ!!! I wish you lived closer so I could give you a BIG hug!!:0) Take care!!xoxo!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that you are truthful and normal just like me!
    Thanks for being you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lov eyou just the way you are too Katy... I LOVE visiting you here, and everything you REALly are and stand for.
    Lea
    Oh yeah, stop by the potting shed later okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy, aren't we all in the same boat?? I know some blogs I read seem so idyllic but I know that their lives cannot be perfect. I do love the peace I sense when I visit with you. Also, love Eyes Of Wonder in that sense, although they do look perfect. Thank you for sharing from your heart!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Katy, I sure wouldn't be comfortable with you if you were perfect because I'm very imperfect myself! Thank the Lord for forgivness!

    I appreciate you posting this though...that's very sweet..I think you're great just exactly the way you are!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen, Sistah! Your honesty is part of what attracts people to you. Your humility is a great example for me, as I struggle with that, among other sins. We all are here to become more like our Savior and pray that we will be more like Him every day! If you decide you want some encouragement and a weight-loss buddy, I am really getting serious about it and could use one myself!
    Let me know...
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sometimes wonder, when I'm reading certain blogs, whether they are serious! I mean, I don't know how some of these women do it! Raise kids, cook all those amazing meals, quilt, stitch, make cards, sew clothes, preserve their harvest and so on.
    I have never thought that of your blog. I can see through your words and even your pictures, a normal mommy and wife. Just trying to make her house a home for her family and bring honor to her Lord through it all!
    Have a wonderful day, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am by far perfect either! With the grace of God, he picks me up dusts me off and sends me on my merry little way. With out Him I sure would be very dirty. What a great love He has for us to forgive us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy you are always an inspiration to me :D I don't think you would be if you were perfect *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too true - no one is perfect, are they (and if so, they would probably be totally boring anyhow). Keep on being an inspiration.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Katy, you are so sweet.
    It's amazing to me how we all seem to struggle with the same issues, but yet we can encourage each other along the way by saying, "hang in there! I've been where you are, too"!

    And by the way- I love all your new little pictures on your blog- but the little girl on the fence is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault
    John Henry Newman



    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like you as you are. God ask us to focus on the positive things in life and that's what you do. You've had your moments of frustrations that you've posted about (I remember once you thought of killing your husband... or was it your husband's dog?? can't remember now) Regardless, it is always nice to come and read you as you always have a positive and uplifting approach to life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh gosh Reynie...not my husband!!!! ROFL! His DOG!!! LOL But thank you so much for your encouraging words! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Katy, love your honesty, love your spirit and we love you just the way you are, real!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me too, Katy! Oh goodness, my life is far from perfect but I never think to take photos of the piles of laundry or sink full of dishes. I just try to share beauty and God's love on my blog in hopes of inspiring others. Maybe I need to copy this and post in on my blog too.

    Oh I forgot to tell you, in our little one block town, there is a store called The Country Blossom. I've been meaning to go by and take a photo of their sign. Its a darling little flower & gift shop and I always think of you when I drive by.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy