Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pop-Up Woes on my Blog!


How truly frustrating! As I am sure many of you have experienced when coming to my blog...I have an annoying (and inappropriate) popup that keeps showing up. I have searched high and low as to how to remove it. I have removed a few things from my blog that it may have possibly been embedded in. I hope I have removed it. I apologize for anything nasty or inappropriate that pops up when you come to my blog. :( It's really upsetting.

I use the web browser Firefox and I have it blocked for myself. So anytime it pops up...I don't ever see it. I hope that if it pops up for you, that you are able to block it as well until I can get the problem resolved.

It upsets me that there are people in this world that actually sit for hours and hours and days and days of their lives creating nasty sites, spyware, adware and viruses. I mean, don't people have anything better to do than to sit and find out horrible ways to torment and invade other people? I think it is truly sad and ridiculous and think we need to pray for each one of those people. Obviously they don't live fulfilling, loving, compassionate lives...otherwise they wouldn't be sitting there, inventing ways to hurt others. It's very sad.

Anyway...I wanted to apologize for the icky pop up that has been coming up for some people and please know that I have been trying to figure out what it is that is causing it. Hopefully I will figure it out soon, if I haven't already!
Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

14 comments:

  1. i noticed that my pop-up blocker was blocking something... but i never saw what it was. what a pain!! hope you've got it figured out. it doesn't look like i had to block anything when i just dropped by this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I installed that new program I sent you and when I came here this time, no other program opened. I hope it is fixed for you. I agree - whoever does these things must have sad lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine must be blocking it too, because I haven't seen it. Anyone that knows you, also knows that you would never do that to anyone if you could help it. So don't worry about it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My computer must also be blocking it as too as I don't get anything popping up.

    Thanks for being concerned! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had anything like that pop up either and I have firefox...you are right, some people just don't have a life and need our prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No worries Katy. I use firefox too and I had my husband block that particular pop up. I wasn't going to let that ridiculous ad or whatever it was keep me from your blog. All is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had it pop up for me when I visit your blog.
    Thanks for being concerned! It is sad I just can't understand people like that either.
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy- hope you're havin a great weekend...weather is just splendid for Nov. huh? ;)
    I haven't noticed any pop-ups on your blog..........

    hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Katy, I haven't experienced it when I come to your blog! It's all good! Hugs! ~Beth~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never got it either, Katy, but I do have all pop ups blocked. So glad you got it worked out.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is my first time here...thank you so much for visiting me and my "political" post! I am so going to be in prayer today and tomorrow about this election, too.

    You have such a nice blog and it's so nice to meet you- I'll be back! :)

    Blessings,
    ~Tammy (Lattes and Lollipops)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got one popup then from then on my popup blocker blocked it I dont know why it didnt catch it the first. It is such a shame how mean and hateful people are. Hope you got out the kinks worked out. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy,
    Hope you got rid of that popup for good. I haven't seen it either.
    Did yall have a good weekend? I hope so!
    Blessings my friend,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  14. *lol* So it WAS you! ;)

    I saw that pop up when I went through my blog roll every day, and I couldn't figure out what triggered it.. hahaha..

    I thought I was going nuts, because I couldn't think of anyone who would link to that, but now that I know the reason.. *lol* Well.. let's be glad you found it out! ;)

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy