Thursday, November 13, 2008

Knitting Projects!

So, in my free time, I have been knitting. I really enjoy it. The only bad part is that my hands....especially my right hand, ache so bad! They hurt and cramp up alot. Is that normal? Anyway...I was knitting the scarf in the above pic and I went to pick it up and continue it the other day and there was a HOLE in it!!!! I am not sure if Jaxson did something to it or what. So...I left it short and finished it up...I can't give it as a gift with a hole in it....but it still is super warm...no reason to let it go to waste.....so Xavier wears it (and proudly! He really loves it...which makes me happy!)

So....since my other scarf didn't pan out too well....I started another one for a gift. Hopefully this one will survive! LOL It's in the picture above. My MIL also gave me a pattern to make dish clothes....so while grocery shopping yesterday..I got the correct cotton yarn for them...and away I went! I really enjoy making them! Below is a picture of my first ever dish cloth that I am knitting! I think I am going to make some to put with Christmas gifts this year! :)

And last....but certainly not least....my mom had this block table and gave it to us because she knew the kids would get a ton of use out of it here at our house!

Jaxson was having a lot of fun with it (hard to tell though, huh?...haha!).

My kids love to make "towers" or "houses" and then will quickly say "Look Mom!" and want me to see! I absolutely love when the kids play with blocks. My sister and I use to play blocks and legos and make towns and such...it was soooo much fun! I miss that!

It's Thursday! A day of homeschooling, housework and spending time with my littles! Lots to do!

****Before I go...I want to share one of my favorite verses with you. For a long time....I stressed and felt horrible constantly because I felt like I couldn't be exactly who God wanted me to be. I felt like maybe I wasn't saved because I messed up at times and thought "what if I am not living right?"....like what if I was to only wear dresses...but I wear pants. What if it was wrong of me to not wear a head covering or have long, uncut hair? It seriously stressed me out. I have read the scriptures and everyone interprets them differently and I felt like God wouldn't want me in Heaven because I wasn't living "right".....oh my gosh......how WRONG I was!!!!

You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
Galatians 5:4-6

Do you see??? We can't earn our salvation through works. That takes away from the need for Jesus. He is enough! He did it for us. We can't earn our way to Heaven! How dare I think that I need to DO all these things for God to love me enough for me to get to Heaven! He loves me enough that He sent His Son to die for my sins...and when I know this and understand and accept this....that's enough!!!!
Now of course, when you have true faith...naturally living in love and doing works just naturally happens. But those works don't save. Jesus saves! So I do live, striving to do what is pure, noble and right. Trying to live in love and do the best I can....but it's because I want to please Jesus...not because I am striving to earn my way to Heaven.
I already have my ticket to Heaven! It's a free ticket. Jesus died so we can get there for free! Have you gotten your ticket? He is giving it to you for free. You just need to accept it! xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Great post Katy! I haven't made dish clothes in ages, but they ARE fun to make!!
    As for your scarves...great job! If you get a hole like that, you can take a darning needle and pick up the stitches and weave it all in..etc...I've done that.
    Anyway, off to get a mammogram this morning (oh yeah..LOL)....take care...have a great day!
    PS..My kids and I always loved blocks too....my 11 year old still plays with our lego!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again...LOL
    Yes, the aches and pains are normal! Just flex your wrists and hands a fair amount...might help.
    I get stiff and sore when I cross-stitch or do my swedish weaving too much.

    Okay...I'm done...gone...see ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy,
    your knitting looks wonderful! Jaxson looks like he is having a blast! Have a blessed day!
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep i have aches and pains crocheting.
    oh guess what? Im learning how to knit now yeah!!!!
    my lil one likes to play with legos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't learned to knit but I can crochet. Maybe you're holding on to the needles too tight or something and that's why your hand is cramping? I know when I started crocheting I was really doing everything tight and made it much harder than it was! I mean, I had to use force to get my hook into the stitches! LOL

    I haven't crocheted at all in about a year. I don't know why. I like it but I guess it's not my favorite.

    I can't tell you how many times I completed a project to only find one of my kids did something to it. I remember Shane taking a pen to a sign I painted and Af colored over something. Why do they do this to us? But at least your scarf found itself a new owner and he doesn't care about the hole.

    Have a great day :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katy- how wonderful of you to share that verse! The sooner we realize our "righteousness is as filthy rags", the better off we'll be!! Thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the knitting! I gave dishcloths one year (with a bar of homemade soap) and that was the most well received present ever. Love the blocks too - he looks like he is having such fun!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scarves! I wish I had the patience to learn to knit.. *lol* I know the basics, but somehow I goof up within ten minutes, and then I'll just put it away....

    That verse you shared is so absolutely vital! A lot of us want to do 'everything just right', but we have to face is that nobody is capable of doing that ;)

    greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your knitting, I've always wanted to learn to knit.

    I get aches and pains when I crochet, too. Maybe that is normal.

    I love the block pics, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this post! Yes, triple love it. :) No, not the part about your hands hurting, because of course I'm sorry to hear that. But, how you ended it.

    Your words explain what's on your heart so beautifully, and I agree with you. Jesus saves us through our faith in Him, and nothing that we do on our own can ever do that.

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy, your such a inspriation, when winter comes, I'm gonna teach myself how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore those scarves! I use dish clothes, much better than scrubbies that I have to throw away after some time.

    Those blocks look like fun!

    Enjoy your Day,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some knitted hot pads that a friend made me years ago and they are my absolute favorite. Your knitting is looking great!
    Thanks for the lovely thought and verse today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great post! Amen!

    I wish I knew how to knit. I has always looked hard and intimidating. I can crochet a little bit! LOL!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing that verse. I often question things I do in my life and if I am acceptable to God. It is a constant battle to remind myself that bc of Jesus, I am acceptable just as I am.

    BTW, love the big smiles on your little ones face. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Katy,

    I a newbie to this blog thing, stumbled across yours and love it! Man I soo wish I could knit, I've tried in the past, but with my arthistis (spelling?) its achy - and I'm only 33 YIKES! But I am determinded to pick it up again. I also loved loved loved the verse you wrote on today ~ yes it is true, we are only saved because of Jesus love, grace and mercy for us. GOD IS AN AWSOME GOD! I love reading about your family, coutry living, and homeschooling. We've just moved to the country, and our considering/praying about homeschooling our little ones. You are a great example of a mom; as the veggie tales say it "God made you special and He loves you very much! GOODBYE" :-) blessings to your day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the transparency of your faith, Katy! Thanks for that post!

    Playing with blocks is a great imaginative play....that's great!

    Have a great day, Katy!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I Knit, I stress, so I crochet. I have made dishcloths like your knitted ones. I love them. Thanks for the reminder. Those would go great with some soap I bought, to give away as gifts. Hope you're having a loverly day!! julie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katy,
    Your knitting looks wonderful!! I took up crocheting two days ago and absolutly love it!!I started a winter blanket for my first project.I`ll be posting about it tonight and utting some pictures up as well.I`m hoping to teach the kids as well as soon as we buy some supplies for rthem to get started.
    Love the pictures of the kids too!! They are so darn cute Katy!!!
    I know what you mean about thinking were not "good enough" to go to heaven. oftte time we forget that through Christs blood we are justified,not through works.If it were through works that would bring Christ diwn and take the glory away from Him! I`ve been wearing skirt only forseveral months now.I chose to do it because I feel more modest in them.Especually when it`s cold and I wear leggings underneath.Also,I just feel like for me it`s an outward profession of faith.I feel set apart from the world.That`s just my personal oppinion though,and what is right for me. I also struggled for a while with weather it`s right or wrong for women to cut their hair.I reciently got several inches cut.I`ll have to post abolut that too!!Anyway,sorry to begoing on and on!Just wanted to let you know that your not alone,as I too struggle with the same convictions!!take care Katy!!Love and blessings,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just wanted to say hi, and get my Kay fix, of course....knitting is relaxing isn't it?..love the blocks too, and the scripture is perfect...thanks for making this tired lady comforted, its been a long tiring day...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amen Katy!! What a great post...you are sooo right, it doesn't matter what we wear, etc, it's about accepting the free gift of Salvation...praise God!!!!

    (I get knitting cramps too...as Marion said, flex your hands a little and maybe do your knitting in shorter stints) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. you know you got tagged at the potting shed blog? i think you should really do it... i read hers and it made me laugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Katy, I absolutely love your scripture reflections. I've never heard it explained so clearly. I struggle at times too. That was just beautiful. I'll be sharing that with my boys today as well.

    Blessings my friend,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy