After my last post, I realized I spoke too soon whenever Jaxson followed in Madelyn's footsteps. He only got sick twice...which was a blessing! I am pretty sure we are out of the woods now and doing much better! After talking to our pastor's wife, I heard that others we were near at church, this past Sunday, had gotten the stomach flu as well. Oh, such a *sharing* group of folks we are! ;)
In the top photo are a couple books I am reading. I really enjoy Answers in Genesis and Ken Ham...so I look forward to learning more in these books of his! Do you ever visit the AiG website? It is absolutely chock full of great information...wonderful for homeschooling families and all people alike! There is something there for everyone and so much learning to be done!
Speaking of *reading*....as I sit here and type, Madelyn sits in the chair identical to mine...just beside me...and is reading Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. She must like it a lot, for she is sailing through it quickly. I love books like that...the ones you just can't seem to put down (or *do* set them down out of necessity but it's terribly painful to do so).
The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. "Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked.
"Begin at the beginning," the King said gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."
(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 12)
Where are the boys, you ask? They have decided to brave the cloudy, damp, dismal weather outside and ride their bikes for a bit. I am so glad spring has arrived...my children have a love for the outdoors that cannot be quenched!
Tomorrow begins the month of April...I can hardly believe where the past three months have gone to! I have our calendar all changed and set up for April...
The chore chart is ready for a new month, too...
It's amazing to think that our school year is winding down...we have under 40 school days left to go! The children have been learning and growing in wisdom and knowledge. It's always the things I don't *expect* them to get that they seem to understand the most! I love when something *clicks* inside their head when they understand something new...those are fantastic moments that I feel blessed to experience.
Ruthie kept Jaxson company when he wasn't feeling well....
Xavier....
I am working on knitting a super-cute top for my niece, Eloise. I will be sure to share it with you when I am finished!
The children doing some artwork...
Around the house...cleaning has been going on (the normal amount *plus* extra laundry, scrubbing, and disinfecting to get all the sicky-ness out of the house).
Some photos around the little red kitchen...
Rolls for supper...
A soft place to lay my head at night after busy days...
Warmly,
Katy
Your kitchen is lovely! I love red. I hope all your crew is better now. I so enjoy all the pictures you put on your blog. You have a beautiful family. Enjoy your day and God bless.
ReplyDeletebeautiful housse ...... and life
ReplyDeletemarylin from FRANCE
So glad that the sickness passed by quickly in your home!
ReplyDeleteI love to read about your home making...This next week I am going to paint my bathroom...I am excited - it is in need of refreshing!
Deanna
Glad everyone is finally feeling better. Ruthie is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHi Katy! As usual... love my visits to your blog. (: Thanks for sharing the link. Just wanted to check in; in hopes that you all were having a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteSmiles & well wishes sent your way! (:
Mitzi
Hi Katy, i spent a lovely hour saturday evening reading some of your posts, today i am feeling i have caught the last bit of louies virus, so not having much energy and feeling chilly.
ReplyDeleteThe sun keeps going in and out, but a good drying day for laundry. We are told we are going to get some cold weather here in England, last week the sun shone warmly everyday.I have to tell you Katy, i, am enjoying your blog so much, i call by most days, you are gifted with your writing, such a comfort for others to read. Wishing you a happy monday, best wishes jackie x
Hi Katy, I love reading about your wonderful days!!! Your home seems so cozy and full of love. It reminds me of my growing up days.
ReplyDeleteSusannah
So sorry your little ones were sick. The stomach bug seems to be especially bad this year.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy seeing pictures of your home. Your "little red kitchen" is darling.