Monday, July 2, 2012

Around the House & a Clubhouse Update!

Hello and happy Monday to each of you! It's July! (Can you believe it?) I hope your weekend was enjoyable! Ours was slow and peaceful (and warm...summer has definitely come to stay for a bit!). I have some photos from around the house to share...as well as some updated clubhouse photos! :)


While dusting the other day, I thought I would take a couple quick pictures of my treadle machine...it really is beautiful! I have not used it...but I definitely hope to one day!


Here it all is...folded up, dusted, neat and clean...


My great-aunt, from Florida, whom we all love and adore, sent up fun things for the children to play with. They were old cars, indians, and armies that her sons used to play with when they were little. My children had fun playing with their "new" toys!



Radishes are growing in abundance in the garden (unfortunately, our carrots aren't doing as well)...


Penny, Pearl and Polly have enjoyed many hours out in the yard, chomping away on the grass. They are great little *mowers*...


The clubhouse is coming along wonderfully. Here the boys are helping Chris with one of the walls...



Despite having a sore throat and not feeling 100%, even Madelyn helped when needed. **Although I think my girl may have strep throat as she has been feeling progressively worse. I will be scheduling a dr. appt. today. Prayers are truly appreciated...as my girl is quite miserable!


Chris made me terribly nervous when he was on the ladder. I am so thankful that God made him to be such a strong, balanced man. My heart might have skipped right on out of my chest if he would have wobbled too much on there. The idea of him falling and getting hurt made me cringe. I offered to hold the ladder still for him but he said it would make it wobble more if I did so....so I stood back and took photos, praying that he wouldn't fall (and praise be to God, he didn't!).


Look at him up there...at the tippy-top of that ladder...see why I was so nervous???


Working on the front wall...



He made the doorway on the side, since the front wall will get weathered the most. He wants to make the walls more substantial and also put up an actual door and windows. Then we are discussing exactly how to *get* to the doorway...a rope ladder? A wooden ladder? Steps? A platform with a ladder? We are contemplating the safest way to do it. Chris is the muscles of the project and I am a little of the brain *but he has been the ultimate brain in building it*. (I think a little landing/porch would be great and then have steps doing down...but with a landing/porch, you need a railing for safety...that adds even *more* work to it all! ;)


There is even a round-about path to the door on the side of the clubhouse!


I must say, the children are thrilled and so am I. It does our hearts good seeing my husband/their father working so hard to make them this special place! I am so thankful for this man!

***
And before I go...I just wanted to share in my fitness/weight loss progress! I have been spinning and diligently watching my calories (and recording it all) for a month now...and I am truly excited to be able to say that as of this morning, I have lost a total of 11 pounds! I have completed 14 spin classes (3 per week) and spend a lot of time out mowing (with our reel mower which is a *real* workout!) and walking/running! I never, ever like to wish time away...but I must admit, I am looking forward to cooler weather so that it makes exercise outside a bit more bearable! ;) How are things going for you??


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. I must say I started my laundry this morning hoping that when I checked your blog you had a new post, to cheer/inspire on this Monday morning...and you did!! :) Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures and words.

    I love the clubhouse! I bet your children are loving it!! I showed the pictures to my husband, we don't have any big trees on our land, so a clubhouse like this would be perfect :). My hubby didn't have Chris's ambition about it .....*yet*.

    Blessings to you on this Monday morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your idea of a little deck (porch) with stairs and railing,is a good one. That way you don't have to worry about the children falling out of the clubhouse.
    What a great retreat for them! This is something that every child would cherish.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you!!! the clubhouse is looking fantastic and the weightloss is going so well for you!!! so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clubhouse looks great, what wonderful memories your children will have playing in it :)

    Hope you're having a good Monday and enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had much luck growing carrots. They are hard little guys to grow!

    The clubhouse is looking great! I love how fencing was used for the walls. It gives it a rustic fort feel. I like the idea of a landing. That way they kids a turn themselves around to safetly climb down.

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 11 pounds in a month is fantastic! It is good you are recording everything. It would blow some people's minds if they did that to see how much they ate and how much that is unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a awesome club house!!! Congrats on the weight loss, I"ve been wondering how your doing, just fine I see!! What kind of diet are you on? Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your weight loss...well done!

    That clubhouse is so great - they are going to have lots of happy memories!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the weight loss!

    I have an old treadle sewing machine too. It was my moms. She sewed on it until I was 6 years old. She would still use it in later years to fix jeans and work on other heavy materials.

    I love how items back then were not only functional, but beautiful.

    The clubhouse is coming along wonderfully. I vote for a little porch and stairs and a fireman's pole, but that is just because it brings back good childhood memories for me. ;-

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy