Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summers are for...

Family picnics...


Horseshoes...


Bike riding...


Taking walks...


Swinging (even for the *big* kids!;)...



Playing ball with friends...


Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. 
~Henry James

***

Today, after church, we all met at my cousins house to fellowship, eat and bid our great-aunt a loving good-bye as she will head home in a couple of days (to that long-far-away state of Florida). We love her so much and look forward to her visiting again in the fall (Lord willing)!

Cory, Devon and Eloise were able to make it over, as well! El was a sweet dose of summery-perfection in her little flowery dress and hat!


Oh my, Xavier (on the left) sure looks tall in this photo, below, doesn't he? Some family of mine was commenting on how tall he is getting (oh, woe is me...where does the time go!?)...


Jaxson and El (I love her face in this photo)...


Xavier and Chris, playing football (with my sweet Madelyn in the background there...only once I uploaded the photos did I realize that I didn't get but this one with her in it!)...



Eloise, in all her cutie-patootie-ness...



Jaxson and El chased each other in circles around Chris (look at my cousins shed, in the background there, isn't it cute?)...



And a final picture of that man I love so much (I am blessed...for I don't deserve someone like Chris...I am so thankful God was in control of our meeting. After being married almost 12 years, I can honestly say that I am *very* much looking forward to the next 12 (Lord willing)...


Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have been able to enjoy some summer-time picnics with those you love! Yesterday (Saturday) I spent hours with school books scattered all over the dining room table and am thrilled to report that I got each of my children's first week of school planned out for this coming year! I will be sharing a post on that soon!

I hope you will come back again, soon!

Warmly,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. I love summertime too!! Looks like y'all had a great weekend!! I love the picture of Jaxson helping Eloise walk on the bricks...he looks like he's being so careful with her...so sweet!!! Good for you working on school plans!!! I need to do that but I keep putting it off :)

    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picnic! I felt like I was there with all your pics! I love it when the older kids help out and play with the younger ones. It's the thing that makes me smile the most about our homeschool group!

    Glad you got your homeschool planning done. I need to get busy! :)

    Have a wonderful week, Katy!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful family! Thank you for sharing this! We had lots of cleaning/organizing/projects to do this weekend, so I'm hoping for more picnic things next weekend. My husband is almost finished making a corn-hole game, so maybe next weekend we'll play that with friends? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. Looks like a great time was had by all.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pics! Love the family photos! Didn't get to have a picnic this weekend but we did get a pasture fenced. Which was a big blessing! Hope you have a great week. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great fun... glad you are enjoying summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't played horseshoes in such a long time!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy