Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's No Small Thing...

...to celebrate a simple life!
~Bilbo Baggins, Lord of the Rings 


Cory, Devon and Eloise came to town to visit and celebrate Devon's birthday with us on Friday! El loved helping her mama unwrap her birthday gifts! And, although El's sibling isn't *seen* at the moment, he or she *is* there...tucked away in mama's womb, growing and changing with each passing day. My sister is almost half way through her pregnancy and she looks just beautiful, don't you think (she truly glows!)!?


I am hoping to have lost 50 lbs by the time this wee one joins our family (early 2013). As of Friday morning, when I weighed before spin class, I had lost a total of 21 lbs! So I am really confident that I can lose that weight in time. What a joyful time it will be to glorify God (although that is perfect to do at *any* time!)...Who will bring a beautiful new life into this world and Who has given me the strength and motivation to get healthy. Praise God from Whom **all** blessings flow!

Bubble wrap is always a favorite 'round here!


Madelyn was taking photos of Eloise too! (My camera shutter wasn't open all the way!)...



Eloise wearing one of her mama's bows from a package (with Jaxson right behind)...


Eloise decided it was Xavier's turn to wear the bow!


El riding the tow-trike with Madelyn...


Jaxson enjoying some ice cream cake (which is my *favorite*...but I didn't have any! My mom, sweet as she is, knew I wouldn't eat it so she bought me a fat-free, low calorie alternative! It was incredibly thoughtful of her (and very much appreciated!).)...


Later, that evening, at home...after all the rain we have been having ~ God left us a beautiful reminder of His love in the form of a rainbow...



It was beautiful....perfectly arched and full of gorgeous colors!


Would you like to join me in singing praise to our sovereign God? Our perfect Creator Who knows and controls *all* things? You can sing along with me at that link above...or HERE...or HERE...or HERE! He is the *only* One deserving of our worship! Oh His abundant goodness...through all our trials and joys...He is there. I am so thankful to be His!


Warmly,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. Your sister is so pretty. Love the rainbow, my mom said we had one the other day but I didn't see it. So glad you shared yours. Have a great week! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes lots of courage, will power and determination to lose weight. Way to go Katy!

    I can't see a rainbow without being reminded of God's promise to us. Beautiful!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister does look radiant, Katy! And congratulations on the 21 lb weight loss! Yay!

    Eloise is adorable as always.

    Wanted to let you know that you inspired me to begin my memory journaling and I have featured it today with a link to you today!

    Have a great week, my friend!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister is beautiful, she has an expectant mother 'glow'! Congratulations on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Katy,

    Your photos have truly captured a fun party. Thumbs up on the weight loss!
    the other - Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so super happy for you... For the fact thr u have a lovely simple life to celebrate (LOVE the quote!!) and that u are almost half way to your goal!!
    Could you share what sort of diet you are on and what you eat on a daily basis?
    I have maintained my weightloss (lost 60pounds a few years back) pretty well but currently burned out on my diet of "try to be as close to a raw vegan as you can" would love some ideas that work.:)
    Also you said in another post you would love to bake your own low calorie bread. Could u maybe check the Ingredients and experiment to see if you can make it just as good as the store bought? Hope that works.. I know how much you live to make homemade bread. I do too! Do you still make it for your family. Must be hard to resist. I also must resist as I am gluten intolerant :( still hard though when it's fresh out of the oven!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I couldn't correct spelling errors a I am typing on my phone and it froze. Hope u can make out what I meant

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy