Friday, July 6, 2012

A Day at the State Park


Yesterday, my mom, the children and I went to a state park not too far from our home. It was quite warm out, so spending time in the water sounded nice! It turns out, the water was *quite* cold. It took a little getting used to!


I even went in for a bit...and the water felt good! The sun was bright...but it *didn't* warm the water up, at all!


The children had such a fun time playing!





This reminds me of a scene in Lord of the Rings (in Fellowship of the Ring)...



Hunting for crayfish with Grammie...








Taking a walk to the bathroom...


Enjoying the hand-pump to wash our hands...



Jaxson enjoyed some fruit and dip...


This little fella hung around us...a lot!


One last seat in the freezing-cold creek!


We had a really enjoyable time. I'm so thankful for the time I got to spend with my mom and my children...such a blessing!

And quickly, before I go (as I have clothes to hang out and grocery shopping to do), Madelyn found this moth, below, while doing her chores this morning! Isn't it neat?


Have a great weekend!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day together! I know that cold water felt good. Your children are so blessed!
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fun filled day...yesterday AND on the 4th! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a fun filled day...yesterday AND on the 4th! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks that you have had a wonderful day together!!!beautiful pics.
    have a fab weekend,
    blessings regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love places like this,,,the big ancient trees...even the fragrance of them in the air:)Looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so funny to see your "crayfish" we call them crawfish here in Louisiana and love to eat them! This is one of my favorite parts about blogging is being able to see different parts of the world without being there. Loved the pictures! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! We love creeks!

    Have a great weekend!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy