Monday, July 30, 2012

A Beautiful Monday


Today could very much be considered the *perfect* summer day...the sun is shining nice and warm, but the temperature isn't sweltering. There is a wonderful breeze...all the trees are swaying and rustling. It's one of those cheery summer days that makes you smile constantly.

The day started before five for me (as usual). I spent some time in God's Word and checked email before filling my water bottles (I take two as I drink a ridiculous amount of water when exercising) and heading to spin class. I found out, while there, that I lost another couple of pounds....bringing my total loss, so far, to 23 pounds. I am so thankful that the combination of good diet and exercise are working so well together. To continually see progress is such an encouragement, truly!

After getting home, showering, making Chris's lunch, starting a load of laundry and eating a bit of breakfast...the children and I got busy with our chores and housework. Animals were fed and watered, we dusted and swept, took out trash and put things away.


Two loads of laundry out on the line...


Washing eggs from the chickens (a few were cracked and some of the girls are just slacking in the egg-laying-department...thus only having six today)...


Today was Xavier's compost day...so he took that out. One day this will all turn into glorious, rich, dirt...


I also began a huge project of rearranging/cleaning up in the school room. We don't use the school room to actually do our studies but we do keep books and workbooks in there...as well as craft supplies, pencils, markers, crayons, glue etc...


I got halfway through and felt a bit overwhelmed. Thankfully, the children pitched in and together, we got things done. It's a small room and until our new living room is finished in the addition (one day) the couch has no where to go...so it's home is in the school room.


I spent time throwing away old school papers and workbooks (oh, how difficult that was. I felt so guilty throwing it away...as it shows the progress my children have made in our homeschooling over the years)...but it had to be done. There just isn't the room to save everything. I *have* saved a few things from each of them though.


The school room still isn't as organized and perfect as I would like it...but it will do for now. It's better than it was and with limited space you have limited options.


Right at this very moment, I have dishes waiting to be done and then I think I could happily feel that things in the house are sufficiently tidy for today (the kitchen island needs organized a bit...but that can be tackled tomorrow). I am ready for a nap! ;)

Just a few, quick photos from previously to share before I go...

Supper, the other evening (meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans)...




Thanks for visiting. I hope your Monday is as beautiful as ours! After a bit of a rest, I am going to head out and do some reel mowing...then I'll need to get supper started! Have a great rest of the day!

Warmly,
Katy

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful start to your week. It's been a bit rainy here this morning (just a little) and overcast, but that's ok. :)

    Love to see laundry hanging on the line and the lamp on the table!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss! It can be hard, but stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy,
    Your home is just lovely. I have had a clean out of the school papers as well and yes it is very hard to throw some away but as you say you can't keep everything.
    Enjoy your lovely Summer days as here in Australia it is quite cold and very hard to get out of bed in the mornings.
    God bless.
    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner looks good! I love to hang sheets on the line and the smell of them on the bed afterwards. Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely day as always, Katy! I love your school room and spied the garland on your wall - :) made my heart smile!

    Blessings,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful on your health journey. I am so excited for you. Love hearing and seeing a peek into your day. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had that kind of weather Saturday...just a perfect summer day and we were sick indoors with colds. But the windows were open so we could enjoy the air! :) Congrats on your weight loss. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A day like that makes my heart sing! It is starting to cool down here so I hope to enjoy some of those days soon. Hope your Tuesday is just as wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you that you continue to loose I always loose quickly then come to a screeching halt. Then normally give up! Your supper looks yummy and love the clothes on the line. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the weight loss and spinning; it is a difficult battle that you are winning. Loved the photo of your supp. I thought I was the only one who didn't serve food on platters or serving bowls; the baking & cooking pans work fine and less clean up at the end of the meal!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing great with your weight loss. Congratulations!
    I love your red enamelware.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on your weight loss Katy! Did you know you shouldn't wash eggs unless you are about to eat them right away? Egg shells are porous. You can read about it here...

    http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2011/10/eggs-to-wash-or-not-to-wash.html

    Hugs to you! xx

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy