Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Overflowing with a Grateful Heart

My life is far from perfect...in fact, *I* am far (far, far) from perfect. But I must say, I see God working in my life. Teaching me through trials and joys, He is molding me, bit by bit. The loving hands of the Potter molding the clay. His perfection causes me to stand in awe and wonder...a perfect Creator chose to love a wretch like me...his sinless Son murdered so that His sheep may live. We are so unworthy. 

I cringe to admit this...but my sinfulness continually pops out...in one way or another, daily (how often I must repent for things). Oh, how I long to be completely pure in thought and deed. I know, though, that God's grace abounds mightily in me because without it, I have no hope. My *only* hope is Christ (Worship Him, with me, in song HERE). May my weakness cause His glory to shine all the brighter...because I am truly nothing without Him. He is the *only* thing that can make a wretched sinner worthy in front of a Holy and Just God. My heart overflows with gratefulness. 

One day...we will all be judged by God. I pray that you know the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ. Remember, just believing you are a "good person" does not mean you are saved. One must be "born again" by God. This will be evident by your fruits....your desires for holiness, Christ-likeness and behavior. We are not saved by works...the works will be a fruit of a true conversion. True Christians should look less and less like the world. My heart cries out for you. It's my prayer that you will know God's truth. I *know* there are many who read here who are not saved (and also many who are). 

Because I truly desire for you to be saved and know the truth of Jesus...
It would bless me, immensely, if you could take an hour, when you have some time by yourself (no interruptions)...maybe early in the morning before others wake? In this hour, please watch and truly *listen* to THIS video by Paul Washer. For true Christians, it will admonish, encourage and edify you. For those who are not saved (but may even think they are)...it will teach you so much. May it open your eyes to the truth of the only way to spend eternity with God ~ Jesus Christ. I pray you will know the love and justice of God. 

**You can't call yourself a Christian and be of the world. We are to be a people set apart for Him. Please, even if you refer to yourself as a true follower of Christ, watch the video I linked to above. It just may be the tool that God uses to draw you to Himself. I will be praying for you! I am so grateful that He put you in my path! I pray He uses me to show you to His Son...our only hope! 

**It's not about just *asking* Jesus into your heart or just "praying a prayer". The evidence of true conversion is repentance (continued through life continually) and God, transforming you by His power. When God takes a heart of stone and turns it into a new creature (born again), you will be truly changed and gladly respond to Him. When you are changed, your desires are not for worldly things...but for Christ...to live a life pleasing to Him because you love Him (because He first loved us). If He indwells you, you will live a different way than the world and know that you *are* His. 

Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~George Herbert

From my grateful heart...

Making supper with my homemade/home-canned sauce...


Jaxson, coloring...


Homeschooling help...


Around the house...



My knitting basket (one of many) with my newest dish cloth project in it. You can find the pattern for it HERE...


Below are some crocheted dish cloths I finished recently. The one in the back was single crocheted. The front one is double crocheted with a border...


A basic, knitted dish cloth...


We had a visit with my sister and Eloise today. Xavier had fun giving El rides around on the tow-trike...




Grace Before Meat
We thank Thee, Lord, for common things
That help sustain us on the Way,
For every joy that friendship brings,
For work we do, for games we play,
For blessings of the every day,
We thank Thee, Father, as we pray. 
For this, a world that Thou hast made,
So wholly beautiful to be;
For hearing prayers mankind has prayed,
For answering the sinner's plea,
For all we have, or know, or see,
We offer humble thanks to Thee.
~ Gerald F. Fisher

Warmly,
Katy

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful simple presentation of the gospel! I am the same way...each morning I awake with a strong desire to glorify the Lord in all that I say and do...and to please HIM in all things...and then by nightfall I realize all of my shortcomings. I am so thankful for a gracious and forgiving God who His mercies are new every morning!!! I would love to watch the video link when I have more time!!

    What kind of yarn do you use for your washcloths?? I tried making a couple out of RedHeart (from Walmart) and they didn't feel right and didn't absorb water..I turned them into hot pads :).

    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to use cotton yarn to make dish cloths. You can find these: http://www.sugarncream.com/ at JoAnn's or there is also some at Walmart...or you can always order them online! :)

      Warmly,
      Katy

      Delete
  2. Katy, you are such a blessing. I will find time to watch your video that you shared. We are so blessed to have a loving and caring father. Thankful he loves me even though I am so unworthy. Thanks for a wonderful post. Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, what a beautiful presentation of who you are in Christ
    The beauty of the Lord Shines in all you do, and the awesome
    post you share with everyne,Your thoughts are from deep
    within your Heart and Soul, Thank you for the openness you
    always are lead to share..

    So Enjoy coming to your Blog, its like having a chat with
    you at the Kitchen Table... the Wash cloth are great....

    Many Blessings
    Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for sharing what is on your heart. I just sent you an e-mail. :)

    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title of that Book Home Learning. I don't know why it just leaped at me. I will check out that presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "


    **It's not about just *asking* Jesus into your heart or just "praying a prayer". The evidence of true conversion is repentance (continued through life continually) and God, transforming you by His power. When God takes a heart of stone and turns it into a new creature (born again), you will be truly changed and gladly respond to Him. When you are changed, your desires are not for worldly things...but for Christ...to live a life pleasing to Him because you love Him (because He first loved us). If He indwells you, you will live a different way than the world and know that you *are* His."

    This is beautifully put and so true. Thank you for sharing it.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and genuine testimony, invitation, and exhortation found in this post, Katy!!! ♥ Keep shining your light for Christ here!

    Going to check out some of the resources and links in this post ~ thanks!

    Thank you for all you do to the glory of His Name.

    In Christ,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Katy!
    I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my dining room post. (Thank You!!)
    Although I have not gone back through your entire blog I have read a few of your posts and they are food for the soul! We have lost so much in current society's thinking and lack of respect for each other including marriages. Your blog reflects a life I believe many would benefit from learning how to live. Have a great day - Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing the video - excellent! I just love your heart... :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy