Thursday, August 30, 2012

What We Have Been Up To...

Schooling...



Shucking, blanching and freezing more corn...


Madelyn, checking her friend's blog...


Playing with dinosaurs...


More organizing (yes, I switched some things around a bit since I posted on all this organizing before)...




We found a great old lidded box to store our games and puzzles...


While I mowed one evening...


Chris and the children stacked wood...




Pearl and Penny ran around and enjoyed eating grass in the yard...


**Pearl has been really liking extra attention from me since her sister passed. Her warmth towards me has been endearing. It has been quite a blessing to me, truly!


And finally, my Ruthie (her typical hard-working self) has been doing what she does best...following me and watching every move I make! ;)


So, we have been busy this week. We school most of the morning and the afternoon is filled with cleaning, mowing, playing, errands, reading  and the occasional much-needed nap. My postings may become a little more sporadic...it's hard to tell. It just depends on the day! :) I appreciate you stopping by today though! I hope you have an enjoyable rest of the week!

Warmly,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you are enjoying lovely days! We are canning/preserving too here and starting to gather wood as we are moving to a homestead in the next few months. Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also spent my day putting up zucchini, summer squash and canning green beans. Tomorrow I will work on bread & butter pickles.
    I'm so thankful the Lord has blessed us with a good harvest this year. It looks like He's blessing your family too.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to enjoy your blog postings! :) I rarely comment, but felt led to remind you that I am still reading and enjoying. :) By the way, I borrowed the Dr Suess quote from your blog to put in one the the little handwritten newsletters I sell/send out. :) Okay, that is enough smileys for one comment.
    :)
    LOL
    Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being busy with home things....

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly are busy these days, lovely to see what you are up to.
    Love the picture of your sweet dog, looks like she has been busy and is worn out!!
    Love to all
    Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You keep your lawn beautifully cut!!! Loved all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy