Friday, August 3, 2012

*Outside*


Beautiful summer days lead into cozy, comfortable evenings. These sort of days give us the chance to enjoy our supper outside. (You will notice on the table, we are one plate short...that particular evening, Madelyn was with Ma (Chris's mom) for a few hours). Silverware wasn't necessary as we were grilling bacon cheeseburgers (although I didn't eat one myself ~ but they sure looked delicious!)!


 Daddy (and his little helpers) were in charge of the grilling while I made homemade fries inside and set the picnic table...





A wagon that Chris rebuilt (to use to get wood to keep us warm this winter)...


Our well-fed egg producers...


I wanted to thank everyone for all the encouragement you have given to me throughout my weight loss journey! Your comments and emails are truly appreciated! As of this morning, when I weighed in before spin class, I am down 24 pounds! I praise God for His strength and help in this journey to health! I hope things are going just as well for you.

I hope you are able to enjoy your weekend ahead. Thank-you, so much, for visiting today.

Warmly,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. It's still to warm here in the evenings it's hard to be outside until about dark . Of course I have to feed and water but that's ok I enjoy being with the farm critters. I love your plates!
    I have a busy Saturday ahead we have a yard sale at our antique store open to public once a month and we are also opening our new addition tomorrow as well so it will be a long busy day I hope! Enjoy your weekend! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple beauty of your photograph. Summer evenings out of doors are so special.Congrats on your weight loss. I'm working on the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty, peaceful pictures!! Congratulations on your continued weight loss :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry if this question has already been asked, but what foods are you eating since you started your diet and exercise plan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a perfect compliment to the end of a summer day and the clothes drying in the background give it a cozy feel.

    :-)

    I'm so proud of you and your weight loss and I'm cheering you on friend!

    Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simplicity of your life, Katy. It is something my hubby and I strive for daily...although it can be difficult with three boys going three different directions at times!

    I, too, have to ask...what is your eating and exercise plan? In need of some fresh ideas! I am very proud of you!

    ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic of your picnic table and the clothesline! So country simple and just my style, Katy!

    Congratulations an the weight loss! Jason has lost about that much - I think right at 27 lbs now and he started about the same time you did. I've been trying to lose 10 lbs but it's not so easy for me. Jason says it's because it gets harder the closer you get to your ideal weight, but I'm determined to stick with it. We've been riding bikes 5 miles 5 nights a week, so it's got to go sometime! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your posts,pictures, your home, and everything. They are really wonderful, and above all I thank God that you are a child of God and loving mother.
    Love,
    Liby
    India

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely evening outdoors! :) Love how you bring beauty to your family!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy