Saturday, August 18, 2012

Remembering...


My grandpa came by Friday morning. Since my grandma passed earlier this summer, he has been going through some things at his house. He brought some photo albums over to give me. Oh, what fun the children and I had going through old photos! (I have been told by friends that they never see a bad picture of me on my blog...well be prepared...some of these are not my most-beautiful shots! I still thought it would be fun to share some though!)

In the top photo, to the left is my chubby-cheeked self as a baby and then on the right is my kindergarten picture (Jaxson thinks my hair looks crazy in it! ha!). I love this photo below of my dad and me (it could make me cry just looking at it!)...


Oh my...I just **love** this photo of my parents. Look how young and sweet they are! (My mom doesn't know I am posting this...she'll see when she reads this post! Isn't this a great picture, mom?)...


My dad and me, playing (I really like seeing these pictures...my dad with me. As I got older, his work hours sometimes got later and he wasn't always able to spend as much time with my sister and me as he probably wanted to.)...


My first official flight! ;)


First day of kindergarten (I *remember* that little book bag!)...


My sister (on the left) and me when my (step)grandpa and grandma married...


And then, the teenage years began (oh, dear!)...


Cheerleading at football games...


A family picture after arriving home from a hospital in Pittsburgh after my car accident (which you can read about HERE)...


A photo of the car I was a passenger in (that left me with a shattered elbow, head trauma and in a coma for a week)...


Although this is quite blurry...there I am sporting straight hair...


A painting I did for a school contest when I was 16. We painted on windows around our town (we all were thrilled to get out of school for a day!). The windows bend in...so it helped make the car look more 3-D. Oh, how I would do this completely different (and improved) if I were to paint this today...but this was almost 15 years ago! I won a ribbon...but I don't remember what award I actually won (cutest, maybe?)!...


Getting ready for prom my senior year (I cropped the photo so my date wasn't in it. There are some memories you are happy to let go of! ;). My mom was helping me with my corsage (I am making such a face because it was quite tight...why did we *wear* those things anyway?). If you look closely, you can see the scar along the bottom of my arm (from my car accident that I mentioned above)...


This was at my graduation party...


My 18th birthday party before leaving for college (that's me in the blue sleeveless shirt in the middle. My sister, Devon, is back to the right in the bright blue shirt)...


Back in the day (13 years ago)...


So now, I have officially posted some crazy (and some quite embarrassing) photos of me on my blog. :) As my birthday approaches, it's fun to go through all these memories of my past 31 years. I hope you had some good chuckles taking a look at some of my old photos too!
Enjoy your weekend!

Warmly,
Katy

10 comments:

  1. You were/are beautiful....you have nothing to be embarrassed about!! :). I can't believe how much your daughter looks like you! ....and Happy soon-to-be Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those great photos! What a pretty gal you are. Beautiful smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shows the importance of taking pictures, doesn't it? I love the one with your dad. And my favorite is your kindergarten picture wearing those sweet navy striderite shoes. My kids tease me about making them wear them until they hit junior high. I don't think they made them that big, but they did wear them until they were out of the sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are great, Katy. It is nice to look into your past! Such a pretty girl! But I must say Madelyn is the image of her Mama! It is remarkable! Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what sweet pics! You have always had such a pretty smile! In some of those pics, it's like looking at Madelyn!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful, such memories. your daughter does look so very much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh geez... that pic of us as a family after your accident.... i remember i had a HORRIBLE cold! you can tell by my eyes! sheesh!

    fun to see all of the old pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember this "we must remember where we have been to know where we are going."

    ReplyDelete
  9. You was and are beautifull :) And your smile look so pretty in your face..
    I'll be fallow this blog becouse i like this things :)
    I greet Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful family pics! Love the ones with your Dad. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy