Friday, August 17, 2012

The Past Few Days...


The week has flown by at an incredibly fast rate of speed, it seems! In a nutshell: I have been keeping busy with organizing, cleaning, knitting, crocheting, laundry, cooking and spending time with my family. We have gone to picnics and bible studies, enjoying fellowship with our dear brothers and sisters in Christ. I have been going to spinning class faithfully (down 29 lbs. now!) and eating correctly.

Here are a few photos of what has been going on in my life the past few days...

** Reading and Bible Study with my two favorite study bibles (The ESV Study Bible & The Reformation Study Bible)...


** Organizing files and papers (for great home organizing videos, I recommend THESE!)...


** Tending to a sick Jaxson the other day (luckily, he is feeling much better now and no one else has gotten sick!)...


** Mowing the backyard...


** A look out back, in the woods (I love all those ferns!)...




** There's my little Pearl, snacking (unfortunately, her sister, Polly, is acting strange all-of-a-sudden. We wormed them this morning and hope that will do the trick...but if she isn't back to herself soon, I am going to have to make some phone calls to people who may know why she seems so under-the-weather. She doesn't seem to want to eat or drink. She just stands by herself, looking so down-trodden.)...


** After much sweat (and hard work), I finally finished mowing the back lawn. Now I only have a bit on the side to do and then also the front lawn. By the time I finish those, I will have to start a part of the back again! It really is *such* a great workout! I suppose in the winter, I will have to shovel an awful lot of snow to make up for the lack of reel mowing I can do! ;)


** A pretty table runner I found at Goodwill...


** In the dining room (taken for no particular reason)...


So that's what has been happening around here. 
What's going on in *your* neck of the woods? ;)

***I have added some more videos to my YouTube recommendation list HERE. I hope you will watch one (or all) of them! :)

Warmly,
 Katy

6 comments:

  1. Down 29 pounds! So, truly, happy for you. Love the canning jars in the dining room.

    Have a great weekend!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katy on the weight loss, I truly wish I could do spinning or some kind of work out, I have a bad back problem and any kind of activity such as work out walking or just plan ole bending aggitates it really bad. I commend you.. I would say the best part is the change of eating and mowing your yard. :) I bet your family misses all that home baked bread you use to do though. Many blessings....
    ~Rhonda~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new table runner!! ^^^^BackroadTreasures......just for some added encouragement to you...today at HomeLiving Blog by Lady Lydia....she has a wonderful post on exercise and the homekeeper, and keeping it all in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy~ What a pretty backyard you have, love all the pictures, and congrats on the weight loss! Just stopped by to say hi..... have a blessed weekend, I am on my way out the door to spend way too much money on groceries :)
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so great on your weight loss. I am still trying to eat right too and been trying to walk more during day. You have a beautiful yard. I love the table runner too. I have been running my antique shop all week but have this Sat. off so looking forward to a break. Hope y'all have a great weekend. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful table runner! Always can find a lot of great things at Goodwill. :D
    God Bless,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy