Saturday, August 25, 2012

31 by my 31st!


I had an absolutely lovely birthday yesterday. My sister and Eloise came for a visit and then we spent time at my dad's garage with family (where my dad and Chris were working). We visited, laughed, had cake (in place of this, I had a low calorie icecream treat that my sister got me...isn't she thoughtful?), and opened some gifts.

Later in the evening, after Chris got home and showered from work, we went to friends' house for a few hours (to celebrate their son's birthday). We had a nice time visiting with all of our good friends! At the end of the day...the children were tucked into bed and I was putting in my food intake on the computer (www.myfitnesspal.com)...when Chris came over to me, leaned down and whispered "Happy birthday, my love" and gave me the sweetest kiss. The perfect ending to a most-enjoyed day!


That brings me to the reason for the title of this post...many of you have been following along with me in my journey of healthy eating (and exercising). Before spin class, early yesterday morning, I went to weigh myself. Since I had by-passed my original goal of losing 25 pounds by my 31st birthday a while ago...I had a new goal made to lose 31 pounds by my 31st birthday. I am so excited to be able to say that I met that goal!!! I think I hopped off the scale like a giddy little girl and bounded down the steps to my spin class...where my friends/fellow-spinners were full of love and encouragement and congratulations for me (such sweet women they all are!). We had a 55 minute spin class then, where we burned lots and lots of calories! :)

I praise God for His help in this journey. In and of myself, I truly don't have the strength to keep going with this. He has been my complete strength in everything...for *all* good in me comes from Him. I still have 42 pounds before I hit my main goal...but I am definitely on my way!

Thanks, so much, for all your warm birthday wishes for me in my previous post and also your kind words about our loss of Polly (the goat). Enjoy your weekend ahead!

Warmly,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a wonderful achievement.. with faith and will anything is possible. Keep up the great work.. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs from Ohio
    ~Rhonda~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!!! And congratulations on reaching your weight loss goal....that is awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! What an inspiration you are! A couple of years ago, I lost 40 pounds and have kept it all off. I think it's time to tackle those last 20 already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Katy! Blessings for a wonderful year ahead too!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, first I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Also congratulations on reaching your goal of 31 pounds.
    Great job.I LOVE your blog and I always read it to my husband of 23 years. We live in a small town of Hopkinton, Mass but in 7 years we are moving to Cosby Tennesse. We are strong in our faith and I read your blog all the time. I just don't comment alot.
    I have a blog as well.
    I have gotten so many great ideas from you,making your own soap,I have made dish towels like you,put in a garden(we live in the woods so we did our best to keep the animals away from the garden. I also can, from vegetables to fruit. I made a homemade sauce from our tomatoes I can I also can bluberries and strawberries and make homemade bread.
    I am a stay home Mom,our oldest is 20 and our youngest is 17
    two great young men that they have become and Christ is the center of their hearts.
    I also had my husband order me the book that you posted awhile ago called One Thousands Gifts. It was an amzing book.
    It is so freshing knowing that there are people that love the Lord and us women take care of the kiddos and our homestead and our Husband's. I wouldn't have it any other way!My husband is my Best Friend. He is a loving husband and father.
    I am very blessed.
    Sorry I did ramble but I just enjoy your out look at life and if we lived close to each other I know we would become fast friends.
    God Bless you and your family.
    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you, and congratulations on your fitness milestone! I am so happy for you. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations, you've done so well, you must be so pleased. You truly are an inspiration, I too must tackle some extra pounds!!!
    So glad you had a lovely birthday.
    Love to all
    Linda O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO EXCITED for you!!!! That is a great accomplishment and shows your commitment and dedication!!!
    Happy belated birthday!!!! Love how your day ended:)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy