Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Organizing Patterns and a Bit of Play!


I decided to get my array of (mostly) knitting and (some) crochet patterns organized in a binder. It's nothing elaborate...just a simple binder, folders and page protectors. It does the job perfectly.


Some patterns are in plastic page protectors...




And other patterns are in folders (mostly ones that have multiple pages)...


The binder is pretty full (although I am sure may become quite *stuffed* over time!)...


My latest knitting finish is this dish cloth (which you can find a pattern for HERE)...



A bit of fun, the other night, with my family *playing Farkle*...

 (Xavier is making such a funny face in the photo above!)



I don't mean to boast...but I won! ;) But it wouldn't have mattered to me if I would have lost because just spending that time laughing and playing with my family was absolutely fantastic!


My boys have enjoyed a lot of summertime hours out at the "dirt pile". They have roads and every car is parked in it's place. To a common eye, it may just look like a big pile of messy dirt with cars parked everywhere...but each little vehicle is parked in a specific spot for a specific reason. Any time one of the goats happens to wander in to the dirt pile and mess up where some of the cars are, the boys get quite frustrated with the goat! ;)



Oh to be young again...where dirt piles provide hours of fun, temporary tattoos are exciting and imaginations soar!


You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Emile, 1762


Boy, n.:  a noise with dirt on it.  
~Not Your Average Dictionary



I am happy to be able to share that as of Monday morning, I have lost 25 pounds! Praise God! :) Thanks so much *everyone* for your encouragement in this! I truly appreciate it all!
Thank you for coming by to visit today! Hope you are all having a great week!

Warmly,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the binder. My little son walked by when I was reading and said...."MOM...I want to do that!!!" in regards to the boys and their cars.

    The thing is I always encourage him to do this. I even set it up for him before. Maybe now he will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember playing for hours and hours in the "dirt pile" with my brothers when we were young! It was so much fun to build mud cities, dig lakes and rivers, and play with our little plastic toys :) I think those are the kinds of simple childhood memories we look back on with such fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your boys have many more years of fun on the dirt pile. Just my opinion but I think most kids grow up to fast. I remember all the fun my sister and I had as kids. Great memories!

    Way to go on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Farkle? Never heard of it. Oh I still love to play in the dirt guess that's my excuse for having so many flower beds. Keep up good work on dieting, and congrats on 25lbs lost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post! Congratulation on your weight lost...that is no small feat! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dirt piles and cars/trucks!!! My littlest one saw that and said, "man, I want them to be MY buddies!" I especially loved your quotes at the end!!! Made me smile!

    Congrats on your weight loss! Wow...25 lbs is great!!! I need to lose 20lbs, and I've been working out consistently...although I've only lost 3 lbs?!! After ready your post on eating and calories...I'm thinking that's my problem....I eat too much! :) ughhh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the definition of boy:) ha ha so true!
    That's an especially pretty dish cloth you made! Love it.
    I always check eagerly to see if your post includes any weightloss updates:)... So excited about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your knitting and crochet binder--that is a great idea. Congrats on your weight loss.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This reminds me that I need to reorganize my crochet pattern binder. It is so helpful to have all of the patterns in one organized place!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy