Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Day With Eloise!

Early this morning, my mom, children and I took the journey over to my sister's house. Devon had an OB/GYN appointment (to check on her pregnancy...which is going well, praise God!) so we went over to watch Eloise for her (and spend time visiting with Devon). 

The children formed a drum circle where they all had fun drumming away (my boys are in identical shirts, just in case you wondered!)...



Can you tell how much Eloise loved playing the drums?


We played inside for a while...




Dancing...


Some always-enjoyable trike riding...


And *then* we headed outside to play (which each and every one of the children were quite thrilled about!)...


My boys took their scooters along to ride...


We played ball...


And everyone took turns pulling Eloise around in the wagon...




Then the boys ever-so-carefully helped El to ride the scooters (to her absolute delight!)...



And finally, just for fun, a photo of my Madelyn and me...


After Devon came home from her doctor appointment, we went inside and had some lunch and visited a bit. Then it was time to go. Eloise was ready for a nap and my crew still had a few errands to run before getting to head back home...so with many hugs (is one ever really enough?) and kisses and good-byes, we finally made our way off with Eloise watching out the front door.

I am so thankful for such a fun day spent with my sister and niece! I hope you are able to spend time with those you love most as well! Have a great Friday and weekend ahead...it'll be busy for us! Thank you for coming by!

Warmly,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. Madelyn and you are BEAUTIFUL!! .....like mother..like daughter.....that is a lovely, special picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a cutie pie and it looks like a fun day!

    And what a sweet pic of mom/daughter! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a lovely family! Thank you for the comments on me blog, they blessed me immeasureably! I look forward to keeping up with your blog!
    In Christ,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so special! Eloise's face just lights up so beautifully when she's excited. It seems she has a lot to be excited about when her cousins are around too! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Katy, continue to treasure these special moments with your wee ones. Our youngest is now 22, and our oldest daughter and son in love's new baby boy is 9 months old today. It just seems like last week that she was only 9 months old. I love reading your blog. The boys and their "dirt pile" remind me of my brother ane me. He had cars and GI Joe, and had cars and barbie. Your daughter looks just like you, beautiful! Have a blessed day. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pics , family is great and the time you can spend with each other is great. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, Katie. I love all the photos, but most especially the one of you and Madelyn. Beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy! You are looking so good! That is a wonderful picture of Mother and Daughter.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy