Monday, August 13, 2012

On Top of Spaghetti...

Fun is good. 
~ Dr. Suess


We celebrated Xavier's 9th birthday this weekend! I made *spaghetti* cupcakes (with parmesan cheese look-alike sprinkles to shake on top...a neat idea from my mom!).

We had the party at Chris' parents' pavilion, back in the field. The weather was truly fall-like. It was cloudy, windy and chilly! I could hardly believe it was the middle of August! I have to admit, it made me look forward to the autumn months!


Such a sweet, loving father-daughter relationship, eh? ;)


Soon family and friends arrived and the eating, running, playing, and fun commenced...





Eloise came to join in the fun too! She had a *great* time! Madelyn and El enjoyed some time swinging...


El (as well as the rest of us) enjoyed loving up on my sister-in-love's family's new puppy...



Xavier was blessed by gifts he received...


Our friend's little girl accidentally let go of her balloon. She was devastated! Luckily, my Christopher is part Superman. He flung his legs up and swung from rafter to rafter to save the balloon...


Yes, he really is that wonderful! I sure do love my fella. He makes my heart go pitter-patter!


Eloise got to ride a big-girl bike (and loved it!)...


Xavier had a great day and we were thankful for everyone who came to celebrate with us!



If we didn’t have birthdays, you wouldn’t be you. If we didn’t have birthdays, you wouldn’t be you.If you’d never been born, well then what would you do?
If you’d never been born, well then what would you be?
You might be a fish! Or a toad in a tree!
You might be a doorknob! Or three baked potatoes!
You might be a bag full of hard green tomatoes.
Or worse than all that… Why, you might be a WASN’T!
A Wasn’t has no fun at all. No, he doesn’t.
A Wasn’t just isn’t. He just isn’t present.
But you… You ARE YOU! And, now isn’t that pleasant!
Happy Birthday To You!
~ Dr. Seuss


Warmly,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Xavier! What cute cupcakes! It does look like he had a happy day! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love the cupcakes. That is so cool Katy. What is on top of them to make them look like that? I LOVE your blog and congratulations on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your Xavier!! They grow up so quickly!! It looks like you all had a wonderful day! Cute cupcake idea...you're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Xavier....I pray you had a wonderful day with your family and friends. Katy I loved the cupcakes, what a wonderful idea and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time!! I love the spaghetti cupcakes, I had to zoom in to see what the meatballs were. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Xavier! Looks like you had great fun with your family.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha those cupcake are so funny!!! Happy birthday Xavier many well wishes to him! What a great day it looks like he had!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Xavier a very Happy Birth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever girl! Fun cupcakes!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy