Monday, July 9, 2012

"Celebrate Summer...

...Sun drenched days and starlit nights."
~Gooseberry Patch


Today is another beautiful, sunshine-filled day...but thankfully, it shouldn't be unbearably hot (as the previous week was for us). We are expecting a high of 81* so although warm, it shouldn't be sweltering.

I was up early, around 4:45 or so, and was off to spin class at 6. After a shower, sending Chris off to work, and getting some dishes and laundry going, I am now sitting for a few minutes before getting on with the rest of my day. Since it shouldn't get too hot, I am going to try to get some weeding done, maybe some mowing and housework as well. :) 



The steady buzzzzzzz of the Katydid chorus, and the bass solo of the croaking Frog - a summer night's serenade.
~Michael P. Garofolo



We had a nice weekend...getting things done while trying to stay as cool as possible in the process. The days and evenings were filled with work, family, friends, picnics and swimming.


One evening, we went to the local dam to swim with friends...


While Madelyn and X were still swimming, Jaxson got dried off and changed into dry clothes and had fun playing on the playground with Chris (soon, everyone else followed!)...



Chris is such a *kid* at heart!


My weight loss is going well. I thank God for the strength He gives to continue on...as it is all of Him! As of this morning, I have lost a total of 14.5 lbs (since June 1st)! I am so close to 15 lbs. and hope to hit that goal by the end of the week!

One snack I enjoy is some plain popcorn...


It's a great *munchy* sort of snack and tastes really good too!


I hope you are each doing well. Thank-you for taking the time to drop by. I really need to go...clothes need hung out, the goats need put out to the grass and other things need tending to! Wishing you a beautiful Monday! :)

Warmly,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. Congradulations on the weight lose. It is very fulfilling knowing that you did it all yourself!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing so great on your weight loss!!!

    I love all of your pictures and quotes...as I'm reading your posts and come to the end I always feel like I do when I'm reading a great book, I'm not ready for them to come to an end!! :).

    Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    I am so happy for you. It has been awhile since I have left you a comment but I read your blog all the time. I hope you remember me...How are the Amish dolls doing? You have really ministered to me. Thank you.

    Is there anyway that I can join you on My Fitness Pal. I need someone to encourage me on my weight loss journey. I am all alone, which makes it very hard. I would love to join a YMCA or gym but the nearest one is over a half hour away from where we live. My husband has converted an area in our home into a gym. I have a treadmill, dumbbells, and a weight lifting system. I feel like such a failure because I am not motivated in working out by myself.

    Tina
    peacefulviewacres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy