Friday, July 20, 2012

A Wonderful Rain-Filled Friday


It is a glorious, rainy Friday and I am so thankful! Rain is most welcome here these days, as we are in dire need of it. We will get to enjoy cooler temperatures as well today which is a nice relief from the hot days we have been having (I am definitely not a fan of super-hot days).

I have been up since 4 this morning and have gone to spin class (and spun for 55 minutes). Now I am showered, have a little breakfast in my stomach and am ready to start the day. The children have done some chores, eaten breakfast and now, the boys are playing and Madelyn is knitting.


This weekend will be filled with housework, family time and picnics. We have a picnic to go to tonight (although it may now be moved inside after all this rain). We also have one tomorrow and Sunday to go to! It's going to be busy! I am hoping today can be more low-key...some knitting and reading filling my time (I'll make sure to squeeze in dishes, laundry, sweeping and such today too!). The children and I will probably play a couple games... Madelyn got a few games for her birthday and the children and I have been playing them when we have some time each day. We have enjoyed playing Farkle, Rack-O and Ratuki.


I have been trying to organize (in my head) my plans for this upcoming homeschool year. I feel so discombobulated (unnecessarily so, probably). I have all our curriculum on the book shelves, all ready to go...but I still just feel a bit overwhelmed by it all, as this year will be quite busy. Jaxson will be doing 1st grade work; Xavier, 3rd grade; and Madelyn, 5th grade. I just hope I can juggle it all well and keep everything as organized as possible. I want to ensure that my children are soaking in all that knowledge.

How thankful I am that God's in control of everything. It gives me such comfort knowing that the Perfect, All-Knowing, All-Powerful, Sovereign Creator is in charge of my steps. Often, in the quiet of night, I lay in bed, praying that God will give me the strength and wisdom to be the mother I should be...to train up my children in the fear and love of Him, the Great I Am. I continuously fall so short and am thankful for His strength.

I pray your weekend is filled with this much-needed rain (if, of course, your area does need it) and I leave you with some biblical encouragement for your days ahead...

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." 
~Psalm 23

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn." 
~Psalm 18:32-36

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." 
~Proverbs 18:10

Warmly,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on Amanda's (homegrown and beeyoutiful) and thought I would come check out another fellow country blogger/homeschooler. We just got much needed rain yesterday. Praise the Lord! My garden was in need of it. I too, am in the midst of organizing our school days. I still have much to do and only about 3 weeks before we start!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to have rain?!!! We really need it AND cooler temps!! ;)

    When I added in my 4th child into home schooling, I remember feeling really overwhelmed...a friend at church who has several children said to me, "It's when YOU can't do it on your own anymore and you rely fully on Christ each and every morning...that is when your schooling will produce much fruit." I have never forgotten her words, especially on the harder days!! I consider her a very Godly mentor and most of her children are now grown and serving the Lord.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't need rain! I can send your way all the rain you want:)
    So proud of you it the consistency you practice with your exercise!!!
    Have a wonderful wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't need rain! I can send your way all the rain you want:)
    So proud of you it the consistency you practice with your exercise!!!
    Have a wonderful wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for rain!!! We are still waiting for some here. Blessings to you as you prepare for your upcoming homeschool year. I'm in the same boat ~ excited yet a bit overwhelmed. I, too, want the best for my kiddos. I will keep you in my prayers as you prepare!

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, I hit the gas pedal full throttle this week in the organization for upcoming school year department.

    shew. not sure I'm ready for this?:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just had a week of rainy days which was greatly needed and enjoyed as well....love the coziness of it.

    I'm in homeschooling planning mode as well. As a matter of fact, will be doing a planning session with my friend and fellow coordinator of our homeschool group this Tuesday! How can it already be that time again?

    Have a great weekend, Katy!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, You are the sweetest! Thank you for sharing the 23rd Psalm. It is just what I needed to read tonight. It did refresh my soul for sure. My Mom and I used to say it together. Have a wonderful weekend...you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy