Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jaxson and His Eye


Jaxson and I took another trip to Children's Hospital today. He had another appointment to check up on his eye (if you are new to my blog, you can find out what happened HERE).


His eye is healing well and the stitches are starting to come loose (as is to be expected when the incision is healing). Surgery to have the stitches removed is Friday, April 13th (it's a good thing I am not superstitious!)


The waiting area at the hospital is nice...Jaxson loves the fish tank (which had an amazing crab in it that was walking around in it's shell...it was neat to watch!). We always arrive a bit early...but never have to wait too long. The opthamology department is really great there! I am thankful for them!


There is a possibility that Jaxson will have an astigmatism after all this since his pupil is misshapen. Depending on how big the astigmatism is will determine if he will need to get glasses or not. We will see what the future holds....as it is all in God's hands. He has lovingly walked each step of this journey with us....providing for us, taking care of Jaxson, and also taking care of Chris and me. His blessings abound and we are so thankful for how He has shown His sovereign hand in all of this. What a mighty God we serve! To Him be all the glory!

I need to go...I have housework to catch up on and supper to prepare!
Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement through this time...each one is truly appreciated!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for you all that Jaxson's eye is healing well.
    Great job on the knitted dress - - too cute! (: I like to sew, but would like to learn to knit or crochet (or both)...maybe when it's time for grandchildren (God willing). (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that he has his eyesight and that it is healing well....

    God is good.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad he is getting better. I am behind and had to go read about what happened. Bless his heart. I posted about my Mom this week. She found out she has cancer underneath her eyelid. She is scared to death! Please pray for her. I am praying for your Jaxson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that he is healing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everything is now going well. I am sending you all my love.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy