Friday, April 27, 2012

Learning Through Play


Learning addition and subtraction for my Kindergartner just became a whole lot more fun! I found these fun set of dice from THIS etsy shop. I also got a die that has the addition and subtraction signs on it...so with a roll of the die, each time you have a fun, new problem to do. And when you get the same problem coming up amongst the rolls, it helps sear it into memory!


The etsy shop also has roman numeral die and chore die (she also has beautiful needle felted items there)! I thought that was pretty clever. Honestly, they don't seem like a difficult thing to make on your own, if you want...but I like to support small businesses that have handmade items!


Jaxson loves learning...so me just asking him problems at random times through the day was fine with him...but having this is a fun way to do things, as well. :)



Thank you for visiting!
 I hope you have a truly wonderful weekend ahead! 

Warmly,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. I like this idea for math fun and learning. I am on the quest for old scrabble tiles to help my son with spelling. His doc recommended this to me. Hands on is so good for some learners. I will check this etsy site out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good week end for you ...
    bisous de FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I will have to do this with Megan.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to practice math playing Yahtzee! And spelling with scrabble and bobble.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy