Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Bit of Rearranging; A Recipe; and Family!


I occasionally get in the mood to move things around. Sometimes I think I can find a better place for things....so I took the one bookshelf out of the schoolroom and put it into the living room! (It matches the other bookshelf I already have in there).

It's not *perfect* looking....but with a small house and some hand-me-down furniture...we make do with what we can, where we can. I love seeing the books lined up along the shelves too....is that weird?


My mom found an old painting I did in high school at her house and gave it to me. So I placed it atop the other bookcase we have....


Candles, candles everywhere!


Madelyn, cross-stitching...


I tried a new recipe the other night, for supper. It's called Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up. You can find it HERE. I made a change though...as the recipe calls for a refridgerated pizza crust...I made a homemade whole wheat pizza crust instead.


The pictures don't do it justice...but it *did* taste really good. If I were to make it again though, I would add more cheese!


We visited my dad's garage yesterday...we took my nephew (whom I was watching) with us.
Jaxson, my nephew, and Xavier...


You-know-who was there too!!!


Madelyn helps Eloise with her *baby*...



X on his beloved tow-trike...


Jaxson...


I let (almost 15 month old) Eloise take a picture with my camera (of Madelyn)....she did a great job, finger and all! ;)


“If you don’t delight in the fact that your Father is holy, holy, holy, then you are spiritually dead. You may be in a church. You may go to a Christian school. But if there is no delight in your soul for the holiness of God, you don’t know God. You don’t love God. You’re out of touch with God. You’re asleep to his character.” 

~R.C. Sproul, Choosing My Religion

“We do not segment our lives, giving some time to God, some to our business or schooling, while keeping parts to ourselves. The idea is to live all of our lives in the presence of God, under the authority of God, and for the honor and glory of God. That is what the Christian life is all about.” 
~R.C. Sproul


Warmly,
 Katy

7 comments:

  1. It is fun to make changes now and then. As a book lover I don't find it strange at all for the bookcase to bring you joy!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, how great to read that Jaxson doesn't need his safety glasses anymore! I can't wait to tell my boys when they get home from school! They have prayed for his eye every day since I told them about it.
    Your dinner looks good, too! I think I will also try they recipe! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've been away much, much too long! Katy, I've missed you! It was so good to be here today, and I loved every single picture of your home and your treasures! Just beautiful! You are always such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, I love Xavier's tow trike...very cool! I've been enjoying reading your blog for a while, but I also just like to listen to your music list while I relax during my Grandboy's naptime or crochet at night. Thank you also for your many spiritually enriching quotes or verses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to move things around. We have always been on a budget and just make do with what we have. So a little rearrange makes it feel new. Plus it is always fun to see what I can come up with. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your painting is so lovely! Good job and where did you get those amazing candles! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love,love,love to move things around too! Makes me feel like I have something brand spanking new!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy