Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sun-Shiny Days at Home!


We have enjoyed some beautiful days of sunshine this past week (and are hoping for more in the days to come!). Today, it is raining...but we needed it, so we are all (okay, I shouldn't say *all* as the boys are disappointed they can't go out and play) content with having a *small*  break from the sunshine!

After schoolwork, my time is usually spent doing housework; dusting, sweeping, washing dishes and laundry, etc. I also do some reading and yarn work (knitting and crochet). I have so many books I desire to glean from...as well as many knit/crochet projects that I would like to make...that sometimes I feel overwhelmed! I always take the time to read my Bible though, as that is the *most* important words to soak in and learn from!



I enjoy staying busy, though. I don't like idleness. If there is something I can be doing...I want to *do* it! Even if we, as a family, are watching a program or movie...I like to be knitting or crocheting at the same time!

I also enjoy listening to sermons while I knit. You can find lots of sermons HERE or HERE if you wish to listen to some too! Some of my favorite speakers are: Paul Washer, Voddie Baucham, Pastor Tim Conway, James White, RC Sproul and Kim Riddlebarger (I know I have mentioned some of these guys before...but sometimes I have new readers!). I am constantly trying to learn more and more. I am thankful for that desire that God placed in me.


The children spend many hours at play. I usually wait to sweep the floors until later afternoon....since one (or all) of the children are usually running in and out of the house multiple times a day!


Outside, my hosta are growing very well! I love how, when they are full-grown, they fill in this bit of garden...


Xavier, helping to rake up some leaves...


Jaxson...



Madelyn, showing a new skirt I found her...


 I have more photos and things to share about the past few days...but I will wait. No need to boggle down *one* post with a bazillion pictures (as I so often do). I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Thank-you for coming by for a visit with me today!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy my home time so much. We have had a cool, rainy day here. Perfect for cooking/baking/cleaning. I have loved it! Sounds like you enjoy yours as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post today Katy...blessings dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so inviting. {sigh}

    Madelyn girl, I love that skirt!

    I'm a sucker for a cute country skirt. That is all this girl wears!

    I rack up on them at the goodwill, yardsales and anywhere i can!

    WHy just today, I was at the goodwill and saw a pretty old vintage sheet. It had a cute ruffle at the bottom. The first thing I thought of was a skirt. And it sure would make a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog, Katy. You truly are a wonderful person and a fantastic Mama. I love reading about your days. God bless...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sun-shiny post, Katy!

    Blessings on your weekend,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing what is happening at your house. I saw the clothesline full and I wish so much that I was able to hang things on our line. Putting sheets in the dryer just is not the same as them drying in the breeze.
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see the pictures of your home Katy. It is so nice and neat. It has inspired me to finally tackle my hall closet. You can see the transformation from disaster to beautiful on my blog - www.countrymomathome.blogspot.ca/2012/05/little-organizing.html
    God bless you and your family,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy