Thursday, March 19, 2009

Garden Stakes!

So...Chris's parents, his brother & SIL, and we share one huge garden on my inlaw's property. (Good thing it isn't here...the chickens would eat everything!) We all buy seeds and *most* of us help with it (I won't go into detail). The kids do a great job pitching in too! It is fantastic! And such a wonderful way for them to learn hard work and about plants. This year...my MIL wanted to make little garden stakes to put at the rows....so she made these ones so far...and aske me to paint them! I didn't paint them with *perfection*...they are suppose to look country and rugged!

Peas......
Carrots and Radishes (located in the same row).....

And Green Beans.....

Wednesday night...we all were out working hard preparing the gardens and getting a few things planted (like the peas and onions etc). I still have more stakes to paint sometime as well! For onions and lettuce etc. The kids were filthy and exhausted! I was too! It is tiring..but sooo rewarding as well! You know that "good" tired feeling?? :)

Today (thursday)....the kids and I...well mostly Madelyn and I (the boys helped *some*)....worked at raking the yard and where leaves have pushed against the fence and such. We should have done it this past fall...but since we didn't....today was a beautiful day to do it! I have clothes hanging out on the line and the kids have played outside for hours! :)

When I told Jaxson it was time for a nap...he went up to his bed and got in without me having to take him!!!! He was that tired!!! hehe! I am soooo happy spring is here! I feel so happy when I am out doing yardwork!!! I look forward to getting mulch and flowers etc and doing more things around the yard!!! :)

Passion Play Practice is tonight! Busy Busy! :) But it's a fun and happy busy life!!!! Hope you all are having a great week!!!! :o)


18 comments:

  1. Love your garden stakes! You did a great job!
    I can't wait till it's nice enough for me to get out and start on my garden and yard work!
    We are bit behind you on the warm up...the frost is finally outta the ground here....so we're gettin there!
    I bet the kids are so happy for the 'outdoor' weather too :) Fresh air and hard work makes us all wanna nap! :)

    Hugs-Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute---we are doing a garden again this year, too. It is so fun and one of the best family projects a family can do. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden stakes are just adorable. Love to garden. Can't wait to see pictures of yours. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute garden stakes!! I can' wait to get the garden going but its still too chilly for that! Hope your having a wonderful week Katy!!~hugs~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your garden stakes. You are right it's so worth the work especially when you are eating it. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden stakes are adorable! Your painting is great!

    I am loving this spring like weather! I hope it stays this way. We haven't started our garden yet, but we plan to have one of some sorts! We need to get busy!

    Joy played at the park today while I was out of town. My mom took her. She had a great time!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The garden stakes are great! Yes we have been enjoying the spring weather too I have been trying to get some spring cleaning done as well. Hope you have a great weekend. Blessings,Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your garden stakes! How more decorative than a stick in the ground with the seed packet on top! Sounds like you'll have quite a garden when it's all done. Have a lovely weekend! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caa-uute! What a great spring break idea! We are getting our garden ready to go next weekend. How fun to have painted stakes! Hooray! A project! :)
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea, the stakes are adorable! BTW your blog is awesome and I have added you to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the garden stakes! So-we're not the only ones....I know what you mean by a fun, BUSY, life.

    Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,
    Those garden stakes are soo cute!!!
    Once again I`m playing catch up on all your blog posts for the week!Please forgive me for not commenting as much.The days have been very busy for me latly.I plan on doing a post before I head to bed tonight. I have a HUGE prayer requset for my frind and her family.
    I love your new dish cloth design.It looks so pritty.I wish you huge success with your new etsy store:)
    Well,I better get going if I`m ever going to get to my post tonight!!
    Hope you have a blessed evening tonight!!
    Love and blessings,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are making me really wanting a garden!! Maybe this will be my year.
    Okay, you said it on one of your posts, there just isn't enough time in the day to sit on the computer and sometimes I feel bad about not making my rounds like I would like. However, I feel like I am spending more time with my "fake friends" instead of my family.
    Love the round dishcloth!! So cute!! You were a beautiful bride and your sister's cake is so cute, too!!
    Happy Spring!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great.
    You have so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW KATY!
    Those are sooo cute!
    You sure do make me look bad*
    I just pick up sticks off the ground and use those, and then when I rip the seed packs open I tear them from the bottom and after I'm done planting that row, I put the packet over the stick. lol see why Im shabby without the chic? lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. those are pretty fancy garden markers. I thought we went high-tech when we sprayed the rebar white so we could see it! LOL
    Seriously, those are really nice.
    We have been working hard to get the yard together, the garden cleared off and the garage cleaned out. things just get away from us in the winter. our doxies are out there with us and they just collapse when they come in....poor babies.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! You did a great job!

    Glad to be home after a long Spring Break away from home. Can't wait to get started on the apron again.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy