Friday, March 6, 2009

Passion Play Practice

Every Monday and Thursday....you would be finding my family and me at our church...practicing for our church's big Easter production we put on each year. Notice Xavier in the above picture...he has been in it other years...but seems to get shyer with each passing year and said he didn't want to be in it this year..and I wasn't going to make him.
In years past...I did the nursery during the actual nights of the play! This year, I am an assistant director (I just help when needed....and watch each run through and try to correct a few things....I am not of huge importance...LOL...but it's still fun to be part of it all!)

My Uncle Scott plays Jesus in the play....(there's my best friend, Heather in the background with the sweatshirt on with the big shining circle on it...LOL)....


Healing the blind....

My lil guy.....stuck to my side ;o)....

There's my hubby Chris...on the left in the tan pants. He plays two roles...he plays Peter...and also plays one of the theives on the cross next to Jesus.....(Madelyn is in this picture...to the right, the middle girl with the pink shirt on!).......

Hosanna to the Son of David!!!......(Jaxson is at the bottom right of the pic...in the red shirt).....

Washing the disciples feet at the last supper.....


The crowd looking on as He is crucified.....

Of course, during the actual play....authentic looking clothes etc. are used! The play is called The Choice...about a fictional roman soldier who falls in love with a Jewish girl who follows Jesus....and the choice the soldier must make...to follow Jesus or not. It's a great story....of course everything is biblical except the actual soldier/Jewish girl stuff. But it definitely could have happened back then as well! It is a wonderful play depicting the choice each of us has....to choose Jesus or not.

If anyone reading this is local or in the area the weekend before and the weekend of Easter.....email me. I would love to give you exact dates and times if you would like to see it! Tickets are free....but we do have tickets so we have enough seating. We are usually packed each night of the play (there are 4 showings)...and I believe we have enough seating for around 300 or so.

I took many more pics....but some of them ended up blurry and such. I am still trying to master my camera settings...LOL! Thanks so much for dropping by!!! I hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!! :o)


11 comments:

  1. Oh I just love play practices...*sigh*...
    Looks like it's going to be a wonderful production, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to your pics of the church plays. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it gong to be great! I love passion plays - so powerful.

    (I noticed the mohawks are gone!:)

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great play. I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be exciting to see it all coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great thing to do together as a family. I'm sure your lives will be blesed. Have a great weekend. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Katy, it sounds like a wonderful play! I wish we were close to you so we could come see it! We had a play last Easter, but aren't this year.

    I know everything will go well! I hope it reaches many people!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I bet this is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome opportunity to put on a passion play every year. I'm praying you have a big turn out and many souls saved because of your efforts. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful thing to do to be involved in this play. Maybe your little guy will feel like being in it next year, who knows?

    Many sweet blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome. I went to a Catholic High School, and we did things like this in high school. I look back on the plays we did and wished I would of payed more attention to detail then :(
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy