Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Bit of Wednesday Wisdom

No, no...don't worry...the wisdom isn't from me....hehe. I read a quote last night and it just sooo "hit home" with me. It's what I try to do anyway...but I thought it was a good encourager and I wanted to share it with anyone who happens to stop by!

"Correction does much, but encouragement does more."
~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

How true that is! I mean, of course we need to correct our children's behavior if it isn't right....however, how much more they learn and thrive when we encourage them when they are doing something right! They seek that so much and when they get the attention through postive behavior instead of negative...how much happier we all tend to be! :)

I homeschool my children and am continually trying to raise them in a way pleasing to God. I am not perfect, by any means, but through the grace of God...I do my best and trust Him for my strength! :) Our homeschool's theme verse is that we are learning and growing under God's umbrella of protection...."that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God" ~Colossians 1:10.

So I just encourage you to keep *encouraging* your kids!!! :) I plan on reminding myself of that quote at the top when I feel like getting overly angry about something with my kiddos. :) I hope you will too.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week!!! :o) Ta Ta for now! :)


13 comments:

  1. Thanks I need reminding with a teen girl. Somedays boy oh boy.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so true. Thank you for the wonderful words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts! What a blessing you must be to your children! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, that is exactly right! I took a course on "positive discipline," which the two words really do not belong together. Instead of discipline, a teacher should point to a positive behavior. With a class of many kids, that's easy to do. When you are at home with only a few, it's not so easy. So when they do something we like, we need to tell them! And make a habit of it!
    You are such a good mom! I bet you do that anyway.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy--love your positive and inspirational attitude toward life. "Honey always attracts bees better than vinegar ever will." I try to keep that in mind as I parent my girls. Also, your graphics are always so cute. Have a wonderful day. julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful bit of wisdom, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh. Thanks for sharing, I COMPLETELY agree. BTW I'll be mailing you in a few days. WOoHOo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah love the sidebar if your etsy items. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this quote.

    Alivia is VERY MUCH of a three year old lately. Meaning, she challenges everything. Maybe I need to shift my focus!

    Thanks for the wisdom!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice reminder! Your blog is so bright and cheerful!
    Blessings!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really love that Goethe quote...good one to post one my kitchen window for the crazier times of day when I'm running low on patience.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy