Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Updating My Window Stars!


My window stars are looking quite shabby. They were made almost two years ago. The sun has sucked most of the bright, beautiful colors out of them. You can see a previous photo (taken earlier this winter) above...the colors are so muted.

I decided it was time to make a few more. It will take me a while to replace all the now-sun-faded ones I have made over time...but I am working on it!


Do you want to make some window stars? HERE is a tutorial I made on how to do a 16-pointed star. HERE is the tutorial I used when I was first learning the 8-pointed star. **Although she dabs Elmers glue on super-carefully...I just use a glue-stick and am not quite as careful about it! ;) Honestly, if you experiment with different folding...you can come up with all kinds of beautiful creations!


Things are starting to look a lot more cheerful around here! 


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had made those stars, how nifty. Ty for posting. I am going to check out the tutorial and make some to put up around our house. The bright colors do seem to cheer everyone up. Perfect for Spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't have the patience for that! but i do like the way they look!! refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy