Thursday, April 5, 2012

It's Springtime!


The sun has been shining brightly, here, every day (and looks as though it may continue on for a few days!). We have been doing a lot of *spring* cleaning in and outside the home...it's amazing how discombobulated things can get through the colder months!

Clothes are out in the breeze and sunshine daily...


My hosta is growing well and will soon take over the garden beds along the walk-way...


The *Pod People* (aka: compost bins) are housing our many scraps and other compost-able things...turning them into a wonderful, rich soil (a wonderful place I found that described all kinds of things you can compost can be found HERE!)...


The children, helping clean up outside...




Penny-the-goat....


Pearl and Polly, the babies...


The sun shines brightly into our home...from morning to evening!



I have been baking bread (using the recipe from the Homestead Blessings Cookbook)and keeping busy, daily! HERE is another reason I have found to take the time and make your own bread at home (A bit of warning: don't eat while reading that link)!!!



And when the darkness sets in...there is nothing better than working on projects with your daddy!



Oh so gloriously busy are we! Not so much tediously so...but rather an enjoyable, cheerful sort-of busy! It gives me joy to work alongside my children in cleaning up in and around our home!

I need to run...I have cheeseburger meatloaf in the oven (a family favorite) and invited Chris' parents over for supper. I need to make potatoes and a veggie to go with it. I also want to get the floors swept before Chris gets home! Thank you, so so much, for your visits. I truly appreciate each one...the comments are so thoughtful and encouraging! I hope you are enjoying *your* springtime activities...working hard, caring for and serving your family!

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. yay for springtime!
    i always enjoy your lovely bread photos.

    Recently I've tried my hand at sour dough and I'm hooked!
    I have some sourdough pizzas in the oven now.
    Nothing like homemade bread:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh blessed spring! It is beautiful, isn't it? I love the photo of the sun streaming through your kitchen window since us moms spend alot of time there! :) Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Easter, Katy!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, spring! My favorite time of year. I love the sun shining in your home. I am a sunshine girl and love to have the sun visit my home. :)

    Thanks for the link on composting. That is on my list of things I would like to do.

    I saw that link on FB. I am grossed out just reading the header. I don't know if I can stomach the whole thing. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy