Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"A good snapshot...

...stops a moment from running away." 
~Eudora Welty

"I'm not a particularly verbose person. I think that's why I like taking pictures...they speak for themselves."
 ~Jeb Dickerson

Unlike the quote above, I usually don't have a difficult time expressing myself through words. However, I did like the second half of his statement...how pictures can, quite often, speak for themselves. Today's sharing will be light on words, heavy on pictures. The past few weeks have been difficult ones for me; my mind a flurry of thoughts and prayers. I don't want to go into detail...but prayers are always welcome... I know God hears each and every one and I appreciate them, immensely.

Daily, I am in the Word, soaking it in...learning, growing...


Madelyn reading *Madeline* to Jaxson...


Sweet little painted piggies...


My latest book (I highly recommend) with the bookmark Madelyn made for me...


Outside, one day, the children helped me weed...


...and also plant some new flowers. With the extreme heat we had in previous weeks, my flowers just couldn't survive. So we were able to find some that should grow well for the rest of the summer and also into autumn!



Autumn is definitely on its way...look what I found already!


The children, playing outside with their trucks...




The girls are growing well...


Not laying yet...but soon...


Inside, the kitchen...


Griddle-cakes from scratch...


The house at night, from the outside...it looks so cozy and sweet to me (it looked even-more-so in real life...the picture didn't quite capture it)...


Some asked me for the recipe for the homemade cleaner I made and mentioned in THIS post. If you go HERE, you can find the recipe. I was out of white vinegar (which is strange because I always try to have some on hand)...so I used a bit of castille soap instead. I hope this helps! 

Thanks for coming by...I hope you enjoyed the photos. It's a great way to store up memories for me and my family! I hope your day is enjoyable and productive for God's glory. :)

Warmly,
Katy

Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1 Peter 1:2b

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Such a good way to record life's blessings for later pondering .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katy,

    I am and will be praying for you. I know that your heart is heavy. I guess some people were never taught that if you don't have something nice to say it is better to say nothing at all.

    I am interested in reading that book. I have added it to my wish list. When I have some time to put my thoughts together I am going to send you an e-mail. I have been pondering some things from a previous post.

    Seeing the leaf is bittersweet. I am ready for cooler days but not wanting to wish the summer away.

    Take care my friend!

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning my friend. I loved all this pics in your post.

    Thank you for the link to your homemade cleanser, I am going to try this a I have a little one with loads of allergies and I am trying more natural ones. I am gong to look in that sight for a window cleaner also.

    I am lifting you up in prayer as I do all the time. I know you have had alot on your heart and I will ask for the best blessing of all "God's will be done".

    Have a great one and I absolutely love your posts even thought I don't often comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and praying for your heavy heart. It will be OK. (:

    Thanks for the cleaner recipe and sharing the pictures. I'm soooo looking forward to Fall - - My FAVORITE season!

    Your picture of the painted piggies reminded me of my own daughter who recently had her Sr. pictures taken. A couple of the pictures had her bare feet in them. She has small, cute feet and I really like those pictures because of the portrayal of sweet innocence. (:

    Well wishes sent your way Katy! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the cleaner recipe! My dear sweet boy is recovering from major ear reconstruction surgery he had yesterday...This is the 4th one and it didn't work again...I just have to trust in God that there is a reason why...Just really hard sometimes...Love your pictures!!! Your blog makes me Smile!! Thank you for being so postitive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, I am praying for you dear sister, I agree with everyone else if you do not have anything nice to say then do not say it at all. Thank you for writing and sharing with us what the Lord gives to you. You must do what the Lord ask and not listen to man, man does not have a place to send you when this life is over. We are all striving to be with our Lord when we have reached the end of our journey. So please continue to do what you are doing because I can speak for my family we love all of your post and your facebook page. If people do not want to hear about what your schedule is like everyday or when you talk about the Love of Christ then stop visiting your pages. (I and my family love reading about your day to day life)You are a wonderful woman of God and I am so glad that I found your blog along time ago because you really can not know how many days I have been down and going over to your blog to visit and you had something inspirational to say....I also would like to read that book and the one his daughter wrote. Love the Leaf it has me so ready for Fall...I pray that God will continue to speak to you and through you always. Have a blessed afternoon my dear friend....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoughts and prayer sweet Sister in
    the Lord that your heavy heart will
    be comforted through everyones prayers..So True if you can not
    say something kind and nice then
    say nothing at all.Thanks once again for your loving expression
    from the Heart..You have all of our
    support, because we care for you
    Katy..
    Many Blessings and Hugs
    Trish-Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy,

    You are dearly loved, and I am full of appreciation for you and your kind heart. When I found your blog, I felt like I found a kindred spirit.

    I love the photo of your home in the evening. It is a blessing to love your home, to truly love it.

    I read Voddie's book several years ago and it is great. I probably should reread it but I have a huge list of books I am currently reading!

    Take heart, friend.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Katy:)
    Love the music playing on your site, and the photographs bring me back to a sweeter more innocent time.

    Just came by to say hello, to thank you for visiting my site and to wish you GOOD LUCK on the $300 dollar amazon.com Gift Card Giveaway:)

    Happy Wednesday to you and those you love, Katy. May God's Love & Light be with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear sister Katy, I really loved this post. As I always do!! As for me I really love reading your schedule because I never really learned how to clean and it helps me so so much....And yes I pray for you and hope that you can put the nasty comments behind you. Katy, I've had some pretty bad stuff happen to me and I've learned to forgive and how freeing it is!! Our Lord God is sooo wonderful!! Please don't stop sharing yourself with us. That's why we love coming here. With much love~Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post....praying your needs are met...God is able. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will pray for you this evening. I enjoyed your post and photos...they reminded me that I must go water my hanging baskets, even though its 12 midnight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kitchen looks so tidy! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy