Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Rainy Day


When the rain was pouring and the house was dark...there was nothing better than to enjoy it! Candles were lit throughout the house, creating beautiful sights and smells, and mandolin music gently played from the CD player. It created an atmosphere of peace and cozyness.


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows, like sea-billows, roll,
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
~Horatio Gates Spafford


 A great many people are trying to make peace, but that has already been done. God has not left it for us to do; all we have to do is enter into it. 
~D.L. Moody


Where there is peace, God is.
~Walt Whitman

Drop Thy still dews of quietness
Till all our strivings cease;
Take from our souls the strain and stress,
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace.
~John Greenleaf Whittier

In my Bible reading, last night, I read in Joel and found this description of God that reminds me of how He is *ultimate* love!

"Even now," declares the Lord, "return to Me with all your heart, 
with fasting and weeping and mourning."

Rend your heart and not your garments.

Return to the Lord your God,
for He is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
and He relents from sending calamity.

~Joel 2:12-13 (emphasis mine)

That verse brought me such comfort...as I seek Him. Oh how He loves. Are you following Him? He wants you to come back to Him. He showed His great love when He sent Jesus to take our place. Now is the time...this is the moment. Don't wait...you are not promised tomorrow. 

In His love,
Katy 


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.  
1 Peter 1:2b

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Katy - - Thank you!
    Peace be to you and yours! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following him and am so thankful!

    Have a beautiful day, Katy!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Beautiful post...and you are right you are not promised tomorrow. My best friend (we call each other God Sisters), her son,(my God Son), and her beautiful daughter where in a terrible 5 car accident yesterday after leaving my house. We had spent a wonderful day together, nice conversation while the kiddo's played. I can't tell you how I felt after I heard of the accident (my husband is a Fireman, so we have a police scanner), I just knew it was them...and I was right it was them. By the Grace Of God, they only had minor injurie. The hands of God were on them yesterday...! I am so Grateful for God, and my Family and Friends!!

    God Bless you and your Family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful !! I love the pictures, so peaceful.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful post as always..I am so thankful some of us are finely getting some good rain...Our day here will come as well...I am praying soon..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love candles lit when it rains, it is relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote about peace by D.L Moody. I think many, many people long to have peace - especially in their homes. I once had a mother say to me 'All I want is a peaceful home'. She didn't mean a quiet home but one free from strife. I gathered from her comment that all was not well at home. Two years ago I found gold letters at a garage sale that spelled out PEACE. I set them out with candles on my hall table for a Christmas display. It was such a lovely reminder that peace in the heart and peace in the home comes from knowing Christ the Prince of Peace that I left them up after Christmas was over and they are now on permanent display. I need to light the candles more often throughout the year though and not just at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your 'peaceful' comments; especially the one by Moody. Yes, I have entered into his peace and it is well with my soul.
    We Pacific Northwesterners have to enjoy the rain, or most of our lifetime would be miserable. I think you'd fit in very nicely here in Washington state!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy