Thursday, August 18, 2011

"A home is no home unless...."

"...it contains food and fire for the mind as well as for the body."
~Margaret Fuller


About once a week, we spend time visiting with my sister and Eloise at my dad's garage/waiting room. It's a sort of *central* meeting place...since our mom's office is located there...as well as Chris and my dad are there working. My children enjoy time playing (I dread the day they outgrow these beloved toys!)...


Jaxson and his helmet...for safety! You never know the high speeds this racer might hit on his travels!


Xavier...



At home...


Jaxson helping mama make noodles...



Two loaves of Amish White Bread...




Miss Madelyn...



Jaxson, drawing pictures...


We have a busy day, here today. Errands to run and much to accomplish. No time for me to dawdle, here! I hope you are enjoying your week! :)

Kindly,
Katy


Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1 Peter 1:2b

8 comments:

  1. Hi Katy!
    You mentioned a bit back about not having a good whole wheat bread recipe, and I didn't get a chance to comment then, so now I will :-)
    I have a GREAT one that I use, its from the back of a four bag, and I posted it here: http://crabapple-kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/03/whole-wheat-bread.html
    Might have to cut and paste that. Follow it exactly, I've rushed it before and its not nearly as light and airy.
    Have a great Day!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your sister makes a point to come and visit weekly. Having a close family is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your make your favorite meal again. I copied the recipe and should try it soon. My daughter had the same red bettle car when she was younger (she is 13 now); I still have it also.

    Have a good weekend!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, beautiful children, blessed days to you & yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, Katy,

    I am giving away Suzanne Woods Fisher's newest book "Amish Values For Your Family"

    http://ruthkaup.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/amish-values-for-your-family-by-suzanne-woods-fisher-book-review-and-giveaway/

    I thought maybe you and your readers might like to pop on over to enter! I always enjoy reading your blog and viewing your sweet little blessings. May you have a wonderful weekend.
    Much love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you will want to place a twitter icon to your website. I just bookmarked this site, although I must do this by hand. Just my suggestion.

    My blog:
    dsl flat anbieter und dsl anbieter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see family culture...yours is sweet.

    Have a great day!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. They grow up way too fast. They look cute in their cars. The baby and the hat are both adorable.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany
    www.theboydbunch.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy